Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

IAP initialize Failed

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by just1234, Apr 4, 2018.

1. just1234

just1234

Hello,
    I an using Unity IAP1.18. I have published my app in Google Play store.
    I download the app and try to buy a product but no response when i click the button.
    I also add a initialize button so that i can check it manually but when i click it

shows

when i click buy product button it shows "product id failed.Failed to initialize"

Please help me

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Have you configured your products on the Google console? Are you using Alpha/Beta testing with a registered test user?

3. just1234

just1234

I have same product id as i write in Google console.And test it in production channel.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. just1234

just1234

If i try direct publishing method.And download from google play store an use like a general user.Isn't it goon a work?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please follow the instructions and let us know how it goes.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

8. just1234

just1234

ok i will infrom u

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You are still receiving the VR error as you can see in your log. Did you get the API Update message during IAP reimport? What version of Unity and IAP are you using? Please try importing IAP into a new/empty project and confirm that you get the API update dialog.

10. just1234

just1234

Yes i delete the plugin and re import and i get the notification of API update and i hit the button "i made a backup".can i use the previous version? if yes please give me the link.

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Do you mean a previous version of the IAP plugin? Sorry, we don't support downgrades currently for IAP, but is a feature we are looking into. If you are looking for previous versions of Unity, they are located here

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Generally I would not suggest to downgrade. Was your game working correctly before a recent upgrade? Also, when you rebuilt the app after upgrading the API, did you republish the update as a new Release in your Alpha or Beta testing on Google? Have you confirmed that the VR error is no longer appearing in the logs?

12. just1234

just1234

sorry.i want the link of Unity IAP 1.17 version link

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood, please see my previous comment. Please keep us posted on your progress and let me know if you are able to answer my questions to help troubleshoot your issue. I have confirmed that 1.18 works as expected on an Android device.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  14. just1234

just1234

I
    is there any option to update manually the AIP,after import the Unity IAP plugin.I want to check is my API updated or not

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There is Run API Updater under the Assets menu, but it is likely greyed out for you. If you didn't get the Update API dialog and/or continue to get the VR exception, it isn't updated. Are you able to answer my previous questions? It would help to resolve your issue in a timely manner instead of going back and forth.

16. just1234

just1234

can you please give me the plugin file through mail.This can be work if i use those file manually replace my plugin folder

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry that would not be possible. May I ask, was your app working previously with 1.17? Why do you believe that a downgrade would address your issue? 1.17 also requires the API Update. Do you get the API Update prompt on a new/empty project?

18. just1234

just1234

because i see some people recommend to downgrade,which help them to solve this issue. With out it when i faced problem to integrate Google Play Service plugin latest version then i try the previous version then it work fine.Same thing occurred with face book sdk.So that i believe that it may be work fine if i use previous version.

And i integrate in in my another project and upload it in to my play store production channel.Nothing goes fine.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please answer my previous questions and we can continue to troubleshoot.

20. just1234

just1234

21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As requested, please test with a new/empty project. If there are script errors, the API updater may not complete correctly. There is no need to upload to Google if you are still receiving the VR Settings error as it would not be expected to work properly.

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No XR changes needed. Did you receive the Update API dialog that prompts for a backup during the IAP import? You have IAPManager in the project that implies this is not an empty project, do you have other scripts or assets in this project? Please provide this project so I can take a look, you could use Google Drive or attach to this thread.

23. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please make it available as a single zip download

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

This is not an empty project with only IAP imported, as requested several times. I could not get Unity to open the project until I deleted Assembly-CSharp* and "New Unity Project (21)*" from the root of your project. I also deleted the Library folder and obj folders. You also have UnityEngine.XR.XRSettings.enabled = true; in your IAPManager script, were you instructed elsewhere to add that line? Once I removed the files, the project was able to open and I received the Update API prompt which succeeded. I get no errors in the console after the API Update prompt nor when running the project. At this point, I believe you have everything you need to move forward. Also, as you seem unwilling or unable to follow my directions, I will let others on this forum hopefully reply if you have further questions. Good luck on your project.