Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question I turned HDRP on and it changed everything then off and it's still messed up, how do i fix this?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Acute-Dilute, May 8, 2024.

1. Acute-Dilute

Acute-Dilute

HELP PLEASE. i put months of time into making this game and i wanted to try something different with a water effect and it basically ruined all of my terrain and lighting and materials and i have zero idea how to turn it back and full disclosure i don't even know what "settings" they were before the HDRP thing.

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

TBH too little info on exactly what you did, but ill give it a shot on what i think you did. If you upgraded a project to HDRP from say BIRP or URP, your in a world of trouble, and even more so if you didnt make a back-up or use version control. Trying to downgrade a project to the previous version most always will create more problems or not work at all, though you can give it a shot and see what happens.

This is why we say "pick a version of Unity for your project and never upgrade for the life of the project", and NOT backing up a project or using version control is basicly shooting yourself in the foot. If you can provide us with more info, we might be able to help...

Sluggy likes this.
  3. kdgalla

kdgalla

See the part here where it says "upgrading materials"

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...definition@14.0/manual/Upgrading-To-HDRP.html

That will probably help, but it only works on some of Unity's built-in shaders. If you have any custom shaders or particles, you'll still have to update those manually.

Unfortunately lighting and shaders are different between the renderers so materials that work in built-in are not compatible with HDRP or whatever.