Search Unity

I cannot drag "DataPrivacyButton" prefab into my scene

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Beru, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Beru

Beru

Hi, I followed the new documentation about how to implement the DataPrivacyButton, that now is located in the Packages folder. But when I try to drag it, I can't move the file. None of the files in the packages folder are draggable. So how I suppose to add it to the scene?

Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Make sure you are on the Scene view, and not Game view. I just tested on Unity 2019 and it works just fine. You drag the DataPrivacyButton.prefab onto your scene. You'll see it in your Project Heirarchy view.

3. Beru

Beru

I'm in the scene view, but the files in the Project window, under Packages are totally blocked. They don't move at all.

I'm running Unity 2019.2.0f1

4. Beru

Beru

I have tried on a different computer, clean project, download Unity 2019.2.2f1. Same issue. I cannot drag any of the files from the Packages folder.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

You only drag the DataPrivacyButton.prefab. I just installed 2019.2.2f1 and imported the privacy plugin. Pease show a screenshot after your attempt to drop the prefab, and show the project heirarchy.

6. Beru

Beru

Yes, I know. I was just pointing out that I cannot drag any file at all within the Packages folder.
    Well, the screenshot won't show anything because I cannot move the prefab, but at least you can see what I have in the scene.

Attached Files:

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I would not expect to be able to drag other file types. Are you on Mac or Windows? Can you try with a different prefab?

8. Beru

Beru

I tried both Mac and Windows. Any other prefab in the asset folder works fine. When I mean that I cannot drag and drop is that I cannot move the prefab at all from the original folder. It's like I'm not moving any file. Like holding the left button doesn't do anything.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

This post may help https://forum.unity.com/threads/data-privacy-plugin-disabled.573928/