Search Unity

Data Privacy Plugin disabled

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by KreizLand, Oct 25, 2018.

1. KreizLand

KreizLand

After updating Unity to 2018.3.06b i got error: The Data Privacy Plugin is included in the Analytics Library Package and is not longer needed. Please remove this plugin.
    But how can i let user to opt-out form personalization ads?
    I used to create GDPR panal that was showed to user fisrt he enter the game and any ads couldn`t be shown before he close it or go to Data Privacy Page (this button was in Data Privacy Plugin), but now i dont know how to replace this button.

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

@Night_Ninju

The Data Privacy Asset Store plug-in was not designed to work with 2018.3, so you may run into errors when you import it.

Instead, it will be embedded in the next version of the Analytics package, which will be available via Package Manager. We are looking to get this out soon.

3. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Is it already available?

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@wagenheimer, @Night_Ninju

Yes, the Data Privacy plugin is now integrated into the Analytics package in Package Manager.

If you are using 2018.3, you will need to open Package Manager, select the Analytics package and make sure you are upgrade to at least version 3.1.1. (As of posting this, the latest version is 3.2.2).

If you are using any previous version of Unity, you will still need the Data Privacy plug-in from the Asset Store.

5. dandepeched

dandepeched

@ap-unity I have installed latest 2018.3 beta build, but proposed Analytics package is 3.0.9 and Data Privacy part is not available in there.
    Do you know how to fix this?

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@dandepeched

You should be able to click on the version number and select the updated version of the package. analytics-package.png

KreizLand and dandepeched like this.
  7. Mazabek

Mazabek

Hello, when I load prefab from Analytics Library, game doesn't want to load. When I look into DataPrivacyButton (Button) script, it shows "The associated script cannot be loaded. Please fix all compile errors and assign a valid script.". When I look into all scripts, I see "No MonoBehaviour scripts in the file, or their names do not match the file name". I didn't change anything in scripts.

I'm using Unity Personal, 2018.3.0f2 64-bit on Windows 10 Home 1809 update laptop.
    Thanks for any help.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Mazabek We are not able to reproduce here, does it also happen on a new/empty project?

9. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

Does this mean I no longer have to drag and drop the privacy button prefab onto my project

Attached Files:

• data.PNG
      data.PNG
      File size:
      86.6 KB
      Views:
  10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Does it work on a new/empty project? Yes, you drag the prefab as usual.

11. TimothyGates

TimothyGates

no, I can select it but I cant drag and drop, I recorded it but it wont let me add the video to the forum

update: I found if I open two column view it lets me drag the prefab now

Attached Files:

12. sadstorygr

sadstorygr

If anyone is still getting this by importing the GDPR plugin from asset store just copy paste "com.unity.analytics@3.2.2" folder in a safe location. Close unity, delete com.unity.analytics@3.2.2 folder in Documents\YourProject\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.analytics@3.2.2. When reopening Unity it will reimport the analitics package and the error will disapear

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

These steps are not necessary.