Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Hypercasual Action game with Vampires - Lone Survivor.io

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Marc_Goritschnig, May 4, 2023.

1. Marc_Goritschnig

Marc_Goritschnig

Hi,

my girlfriend and I developed this game, because we wanted to provide a superior substitute for Survivor.io, an already popular game that we enjoyed playing. While we did enjoy the game, we discovered that the abundance of items that could be bought made the overall experience less enjoyable. At that point, we made the decision to design our own game, one that would put enjoyment and interaction ahead of in-app sales.

The incorporation of GPU-accelerated rendering for the experience drops was one of the most intriguing parts of creating the game. The rendering of up to 20,000 of these drops in real-time on mobile was a difficult task that demanded a lot of work and technological proficiency.

The simplicity of our game and its emphasis on player participation are ultimately what distinguish it. We have produced a game that is simple to pick up and play but still has a ton of obstacles and benefits. If you're a hard-core gamer seeking a new challenge or a casual player looking for a fun way to pass the time.

Play Store:
    Download on Play Store
    App Store:
    Download on App Store

orange_preset.png pink_preset.png purple_preset.png red_preset.png blue_preset.png

oktay15riza and NarutoU21 like this.
  2. fisheyegames23

fisheyegames23

The game is looking pretty cool and engaging. Congrats!
    1. how long did it took to develop?
    2. how are you planning to promote it?

3. Marc_Goritschnig

Marc_Goritschnig

Hi, thank for the kind words.

It took me about 3-4 full time months, longer than I thought, because there are so many details to it.

I have no plan yet because I do not have any knowledge in promotion. I only advertised it in my close circle, friends, family, university etc nothing more.

Do you have any tips for promotion or where I could get help with it?

4. startimpor

startimpor

very nice game, it seems well developed I should test it because the problem with these games is that they lag when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. I play vampire survivors and I have also already played Survivors IO and it seems identical to me. there are not many players who play this style of games, but those who play easily spend in IAP. have you found a solution for marketing?

5. IllTemperedTunas

IllTemperedTunas

Impressive for just 4 months, looks fun.

Some Feedback:
    The term "hypercasual" might turn people off from this game, since a vampire survivor clone and "hypercasual" are kinda mutually exlusive. People that want to play a hyper casual game generally want to play candy crush clones. Maybe call it a "Vampire Survivor-like?"

I don't really see a theme here, when I hear "lone survivor" I think of a big haired 80's rock band. Maybe call it something more "fun" and colorful like "Survival Crash"

6. Dinhtai_cript

Dinhtai_cript

That cool, how can you get that perfomance?

7. unity_b-dC9vekAEcKqQ

unity_b-dC9vekAEcKqQ

Did you used ecs ?