Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use ARCameraBackground Custom Material ?

Discussion in 'AR' started by zulaman, Aug 5, 2020.

1. zulaman

zulaman

I'm trying to get custom material to work using standard rendering pipeline.
    I have customMaterial checked on and I assigned a new material but no matter what shader I try (standard, unlit, skybox, etc...) I still don't see any video on device.
    When I check the custom material off everything is working and I do see the video in the background.
    Any ideas what shader do I need to use? I'm just looking for a starting point shader that I can build on top off.
    Thanks.

2. zulaman

zulaman

Never-mind, I found the answer.
    Looks like the ARKitBackground.shader is the one to use.

3. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Yes, and if someone is looking for Android shader, it's ARCoreBackground.shader.

4. zulaman

zulaman

I also tried using the actual video texture ( CpuImages example) and add it to a Camera Plane (fg video with alpha) but I can't seem to line it up with the ARCameraBackground bg video. It must be using a different transform to display the video and I don't know how to access it.

5. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

You can subscribe to ARCameraManager.frameReceived to access ARCameraFrameEventArgs.displayMatrix and ARCameraFrameEventArgs.projectionMatrix. Most of all, you need the displayMatrix if you have issues with correct image orientation.