Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

how to show part of sun flare before the sun becomes visible

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by UnityExplorer, Nov 22, 2009.

1. UnityExplorer

UnityExplorer

Hello,

It seems the sun position must be within the camera view then the flare will appear. What I need is to see a small part of the flare effect when the sun position is still a little bit outside the camera view, so that the flare can gradually appear at the border even before the sun's centre coordinates are yet to be inside the camera view.

Or, Anybody knows how to get the lens flare always on regardless of the camera view angle?

Thanks in advance.

KK

2. UnityExplorer

UnityExplorer

Hi, any hints for the flare problem mentioned above? Basically, I'm using two cameras and two render textures to set up a wide screen. Everything is fine, except the sun flare - it only appears on either left screen or right screen. This will cause problem when the sun is crossing the boarder of the two screens. Pls see the below captured image for an example. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. andeeeee

andeeeee

I don't think there is any way around this, but I've run it past the Unity development team just to be sure.

4. Inverse

Inverse

You can implement your own flares using textured quads which always face the camera (billboards). The problem is that the flares will be affected by the scene's geometry, as opposed to the light flares, which are always rendered no matter what. You can probably fix that using shaders.

I ran into the same problem as you and this did the trick.

5. KaelisAsur

KaelisAsur

You could use a separate camera on top of the 'main' one, which would render the flares and nothing else.