Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Set The Body/framing Tranposer/camera Distance Property From An Extension Or Else?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Jean-Fabre, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi Everyone,

I tried to make sense of Cinemachine very complex api :) and I am lost as to how to set the Camera Distance from within an extension...

I tried to look at some extensions but none are accessing such data from within the virtual camera.

Any hint would be welcome!

Bye,

Jean

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

vcam.GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineFramingTransposer>().m_CameraDistance = bla;

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

yes! also, because the extension returns the CinemachineVirtualCameraBase, not the CinemachineVirtualCamera, you need to do this.

((CinemachineVirtualCamera)vcam).GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineFramingTransposer>().m_CameraDistance = xxx;

Thanks Gregoryl!

Bye,

Jean

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yeah, it's not the best.
    I hope you're being safe and checking for nulls, in case the extension is added to another kind of vcam.