Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Multiplayer How to properly send message and register for message ?

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by Paradoks, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Paradoks

Paradoks

Hello,

I am getting a message like that, and i use the NetworkMessage to send back to sender a message:

Code (CSharp):
    3.         protected virtual void OnGameServerRegistered(NetworkMessage netMsg)
    4.         {
    5.             var msg = netMsg.ReadMessage<RegisterGameServerMessage>();
    6.             if (msg != null)
    7.             {
    8.                      var createdRoomId = new RequestSetRoomIdOnGameServer ();
    9.                     createdRoomId.roomId = gameServerId
    10.                     netMsg.conn.Send(MatchmakingNetworkProtocol.RequestSetRoomIdOnGameServer, createdRoomId);      
    11.             }
    12.        }
    Then on the other side i do that

Code (CSharp):
    2. NetworkServer.RegisterHandler(MatchmakingNetworkProtocol.RequestSetRoomIdOnGameServer, OnSetGameId);
    But nothing reaches this place ...
    What did i miss ?

Thx