Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

How to load a animated prefab from AssetBundle properly ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nafasso, Oct 7, 2014.

1. nafasso

nafasso

Hi there,

Let me explain you my problem : I have an animated prefab using an existing fbx file containing the model and the animation (from Blender) and an animator controller in charge of handling the animations. The problem is that when I export this prefab in an AssetBundle, I am not able to load it. It is for an augmented reality app for Android using Vuforia. This is the only animated model (it is for test for now) and the other models which are not animated - so not prefab but just fbx files - load without any problem. I am using the WWW method for loading the assets from the AssetBundle. I tried by changing the name of the fbx file so it does not have the same name as the prefab to avoid name conflicts but still I got this problem ... Please help me

Thank you guys

2. nafasso

nafasso

Still having the same issue.
    I would be glad if someone has a solution or at least a technic to overpass this problem

3. nafasso

nafasso

still no idea from anyone ?...

4. nafasso

nafasso

Ok I fixed the problem.
    Thank you so much for all your answers and tips ...
    Best community

5. Anx

Anx

How did you fix it? Running into the same issue right now - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't - haven't found the reason yet.

Prefab contains the animation controller, and even on runtime it finds the animation controller, but it contains absolutely no data when it's inside the Asset Bundle for some reason. Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 11.23.39 AM.png

6. Anx

Anx

7. neoRiley

neoRiley

Hey Anx, I'm having the same issue (loading an AssetBundle, no data for the AnimationController when loaded). I followed the link you posted and applied the MechanimUtilities fix, but that didn't fix my issue. Could you expand on how this fixed or what fixed your issue above? Thanks much