Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to leave keyboard always opened and get multiple inputs?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by zackivano, Jan 31, 2013.

1. zackivano

zackivano

Hello,
    My question is in the title, for my new words game I need the iOS keyboard always opened and active during the game also when the user press the Done/Enter button or touch elsewhere on the screen.
    I need it because the user will write more than 1 word and I don't want the keyboard desappear and re-open all the time, but I still need to catch the word submission by return or done.
    I'm using NGUI UIInput and i understood where and when the keyboard is opened, but I didn't found where it's hiding. I know that by default the press of Done button will close the keyboard in IOS, but there's a way to get multiple words in input separated by pressing Enter/Return/Done?

Could anyone please help me on this?
    Thanks,
    IZLogic

2. zackivano

zackivano

I went deeper and I finally stated that the keyboard always close when done is pressed, this is the default working status of the TouchScreenKeyboard class inside Unity. So my question now change, is it possible to create a iOS plugin to control the keyboard in a custom way?
    I'm not a OBJ-C programmer so i'm lost in how I can control the keyboard behavior by code. I searched a bit on google but nothing close to what I need to achieve.

Long story short:
    I need to create an iOS plugin to access the iphone keyboard from unity with a custom behavior(different from TouchScreenKeyboard): when i submit a word and the done/enter is pressed the keyboard will not close but stay open and ready for the next word.
    Could someone point me in the right direction with OBJ-C?
    Thanks,
    IZLogic