Search Unity

How to import trees from blender to unity that have 2 materails with working wind zones?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by zigastrmsek, Jan 6, 2019.

1. zigastrmsek

zigastrmsek

I am trying to import some of the trees to unity from blender, but I cant find any tutorials or even questions other people asked or posts that or even posted their workflows.

I am tryint to have leaves be one material since it will be one leaf texture over a plane and the trunk be other material, since it will be a texture copy pasted seamlessly over one object multiple times. I know the perfered way to do this would be to have one mesh with one material with 2 textures baked to it, but then I wouldn't be able to stretch the trunk material over the trunk without also stretching the leaf texture over it.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-do-i-import-a-model-from-blender-with-multiple-textures.149849/

I am having the same problem as the guy in this post, and edy's multiple materials on one mesh doesnt work with pbr materials, only with diffuse textures,

you can see how the guy in teh video basically tiles the texture over the trunk 25 times. If I had leaves and trunk In one texture, It would also show the leaves on the trunk, and If I didn't tile the thexture, it would look grainy. Whatever size texture I'd use, no matter how big, it would be too small for the entire tree. So I need to have 2 materials on one tree. I am having problems exporting multi material meshes to unity from blender.

I tried making the leaf and the trunk different meshes, but when exported to unity, it sort of works, as in the leaves and trunk have seperate materials, but all the material settings are greyed out, so I can't change the color, or give it even a normal map.

Another thing I want to know is how to get wind zones to work with imported trees. I've read plenty responses online but none of them can be followed if you dont know how to make your own shaders. I also cant use premade assets that do this for you, paid of free, since I plan on selling these models later on the asset store, so I need an easy to follow tutorial how to make wind zones to work with custom trees.