Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to download AR content from QR

Discussion in 'AR' started by tGuevarra, Jun 8, 2022.

1. tGuevarra

tGuevarra

Hello guys, need a help, want to reduce the app size by downloading AR content (video above image) by QR-codes. Empty application which download a video and track over image. Just need to know is it possible to make?

2. mikeyrafier98

mikeyrafier98

I think the solution will either this two options:
    1. Stream the video
    2. Download the video locale and play it

First option is preferable for me, we can put the url or link access of the video streaming, then fetch into code to get access to play it as streamable video. I still don't know how to implement it but the flow will be:
    1. Place the link access into QR code
    2. App read the data from QR code, system process it
    3. With the streaming protocol, play the video on desirable GameObject (UI, etc.)
    4. The app has to be keep online, same as you stream video, also quality lowering and buffering is might be happened

Second option is good for high speed connection, and has offline option.
    1. Link access on the QR code will be how the app will download the video
    2. Put the video where it is on app locale, not device locale (not Downloads folder, etc.)
    3. App locale means if the app closed, it will deleted, or you can utilize cache to bring again the same video
    4. Play video with video player in Unity, on desirable GameObject

Sorry I can't help much with code, giving reference, or more.
    Either using AR or in 2D/3D platform, it should be have the similar technique, that your idea is possible.
    Good luck!