Search Unity

How to disable the old Input Manager warning each project load

Discussion in 'Input System' started by spacefrog, Apr 7, 2020.

1. spacefrog

spacefrog

I wanted to slowly transform my project to the new input system ON THE FLY
    That means the project has to still use the legacy Input Manager for quite a while before i fully switch over to the new Input System. For this reason i wanted to have all packages ( including input system packages for consoles ) in the project and gradually implement the code for the new system, but still not hook up those code parts . So when the new Input system is activated in the player prefs, the whole project's input would break in a hard to detect manner for a longer phase , until all subsystems are implemented
    So i keep the player prefs on using the lagacy input manager ONLY

That all would work fine if i would'nt be greeted with this annoying modal popup each project load that the legacy input manager is active while having the new input system package in the project. If i'm not super alert, i might hit yes - swithc over to the new system, and everything will break at build ( all works in the editor )

Why on earth nowadays blocking popups in dev environments are still a thing ? Please stop patronizing me ...

Hence i wanted to disable this warning permanently, but cant find a way to do so - anyone found a way to prevent that irritating popup without hacking InputSystem.cs ?

2. DaveLloyd

DaveLloyd

Just hit this now. Keep wondering why Unity hasn't started and it's stuck waiting for me.

Did anyone find a way to disable this annoying popup? (Popups considered very bad manners!)

3. ualogic

ualogic