Search Unity

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by dpatkelley, Feb 12, 2021.

1. dpatkelley

dpatkelley

How do I get rid of this pop up in the beginning of the the project on loading the editor.

" This project is using the new input system package but the native platform backends for the new input system are not enabled in the player settings. This means that no input from native devices will come through.

Do you want to enable the backends? Doing so will "RESTART" the editor and will "DISABLE" the old UnityEngine.Input APIs."

I don't want to "DISABLE" the old API, because i cant get the new one to work on my project. I am running 2019.4.8 and I cant update it or I screw something up with the editor and lose all my work. And I tried to use the new Input system and it was crap to begin with and took almost 6 weeks to get it back to where I was when i started.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Rotem5, Supkrovi and abitowhit like this.
  2. dmytro_at_unity

dmytro_at_unity

Unity Technologies

Click "No", then in player settings in "Active Input Handling" select "Both"

3. paulusuluap

paulusuluap

Thanks a lot, I just imported XR Interaction Toolkit, I accidentally pressed Yes, but I still can manage by the instruction you give above

th3z0d1ac likes this.
  4. flofloxd

flofloxd

unity seriously sucks for that apporently ... i am going to be crazy just to manage some input ... really ?

Supkrovi, Vaupell and abitowhit like this.
  5. unity4sam

unity4sam

upload_2022-2-19_18-52-15.png

How to consider the new Input system package?
    My current version is 2019.4

After updating the - player settings in "Active Input Handling" select "Both. Still I dont have the controls on the keyboard to navigate.

Anything else should I look into?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Rotem5 and zeropointblack like this.
  6. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

are you serious? no. how do you get rid of such an incredibly idiotic error message while only using the OLD input system? the project is completely clean with no reference whatsoever to the new input garbage.

EDIT: solution found! go to package manager and REMOVE the new input system.

_eternal, nicg220, ElasticSea and 3 others like this.
  7. TwoSoulFox

TwoSoulFox

This. My hero.

Rotem5 likes this.
  8. shakedregev98

shakedregev98

So Do I click No?

mayraazamora and Supkrovi like this.
  9. VoxelMatt

VoxelMatt

This solution doesn't work when you have another package that has a dependancy on the new Input System.... even if that package can work fine without it.
    I just want to stop clicking NO every time I open the editor.