Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to create animations for a game like Creative kill chamber?

Discussion in '2D' started by hexdump, Nov 23, 2015.

1. hexdump

hexdump

Lately, I have been playing Creative kill chamber game:

This game is a flash game where gameplay is "hardcoded". I mean, it is a game where player can access a set of otpions in each situation and an animation is played as the result. The tree of possible paths gameplay can follow is small and finite and more important, it is totally deterministic.

My main question is, how do this guys create this type of animations? Are all they created using the flash time line? Are they using some kind of logic in code? I'm not used to flash so, can't say if this kind of animations can be quickly done in the tool.

The last obvious question is if this animations are 99% done using just the flash timeline what tool would you use in unity to achieve something like this? The Dopesheet doesn't seem versatile enough. This seems more suitable for a cutscene tool. What do you think?

Cheers.

2. hexdump

hexdump

No one with experience on this could please some information?

Cheers.

3. tedthebug

tedthebug

at a guess, & that's all it is, they would probably have made all the animations & then triggered the relevant one based on the option chosen by the user by using code.

4. hexdump

hexdump

Hi,

Thanks for the answer but this is not what my question is about.

I will try to clarify: My main question is, are the animations triggered after player interacts with the game created some short of "cut scene editor"? Are they created just by using the key frame editor in flash? I would like to know how people creates this kind of content.

As an example, there are an animation where the player pickus up a dead body from the floor and then throws it over some spikes. When the player picks up the dead body here we have several points to have into account:

1) we have to play player pick animation
    2) we have to play dead body pick animation
    3) we have to turn and throw the dead body over the spkies.
    4) In point 3 we have again an animation for the player throwing the body and the body animation itself. We have a translation of the body from the throwing initial pos to the ending pos (over the spikes).

What is the ussual way to do this? Again, are this kind of animations created through Cut scene editors? Are there any dynamic logic involved (for example for the body throw)?

Cheers