Search Unity

How to build for windows on Linux?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mstarr, Feb 2, 2020.

1. mstarr

mstarr

In my PC Mac/Windows/Linux standalone build settings, it only gives me the option to build on the same OS I have--Linux. How can I build for Windows from Linux? What package do I have to download?
    ---
    Update: I realize the option to add build support was when I installed the version of Unity I'm using, but I can't figure out how to add build support for an OS AFTER the version is already installed. To workaround this I am installing the newest version of Unity with all OS build support.

To be clear, I would still like to figure out how to add build support to my existing version of Unity.
    ---
    Edit: Problem solved! Just navigate to the Installs in Unity Hub and click on the vertical ... and modules and install the modules you need.

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Sherry987 likes this.
  2. Bl4ckh34d

Bl4ckh34d

Hi, I have a similar problem. Despite having installed all build supports and starting my project with the target OS windows 64 (I am running Unity3D in Linux), I only get the option to build for Linux. Nothing else. No matter how often I reinstall the Editor or how many different Build supports I add. I only get Linux as option to build for. Even I started the editor with Windows as target platform. What the heck is going on here?!

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Did you install Unity via the hub? Can you show a screenshot of the build window showing that Windows option is not available?

4. Bl4ckh34d

Bl4ckh34d

DiamondEater likes this.