Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to apply effects depending on a mask? (under-water transition)

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Peter77, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I would like to efficiently apply different post processing effects to screen regions that are above and below the water surface.

The following image is what I'm trying to achieve.
    water_1.png

The next image represents a mask texture that is updated at run-time, which represents what pixel is above and below the water surface. Black=Above, White=Below.
    water_1_mask.png

What I'm looking for is:
    • I would like to have anti-aliasing on the entire screen, like shared settings between the two areas.
    • I want to have different fog, color grading, etc... depending whether the pixel is below or above the water surface.
    How can I achieve this efficiently with the Post Processing Stack v2?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Garrettec likes this.
  2. AndroidMusic

AndroidMusic

Sorry for impudence folks but [BUMP] since it's a really needed feature. There was one asset that could do that (UWS) but it's abandoned. :(

So, again, BUMP.

3. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

4. haywirephoenix

haywirephoenix

For anyone who lands here, ignore this advice. I purchased this shader and it's just a mesh half a cube. No special cut out being done here. Also you get less than what you see in the video. And no refunds or support from developer.

itskarlos likes this.