Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I use my own robotic arm to get work done in unity robotic hub

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by wh1997, Mar 2, 2022.

1. wh1997

wh1997

If I want to use my robotic arm to complete a task similar to grasping, what needs to be done on the ros side and the unity side, I would like to know how to import my robotic arm through urdf import, and then set the kinematics of the joints. What should I do on the unity side after the component, and then on the ros side, how can I configure my moveit package and then use it, thank you very much for reading, and look forward to your reply.

2. IngDinoDanny

IngDinoDanny

hello, so once you get your model in a URDF file, you need to get the package: URDF importer (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/URDF-Importer) You select your model and press Assets->Import Robot From Selected URDF (You have to be selecting the URDF file in order to import your model.

Once your model is imported, the basic controller should work with the joints of your robot. The control in unity is going to be based in the controller, FKRobot and URDF Link script.

alimardanov likes this.