Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I use C# in making android games

Discussion in 'Android' started by ManoKristos, May 22, 2016.

1. ManoKristos

ManoKristos

Actually, I've downloaded "SDK" and it says I should plug in "JDK" java.. it seems like only javascript for android apps and there's no C#.
    I've searched recently and I've found that I can use C# in making android apps.
    I would like to know the way to make android apps with C# also if there is tutorial for it and how it works with "SDK".. I will appreciate your help!

Thanks, Respectfully.

NinetysDude likes this.
  2. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

The workflow in Unity is the same whether you use JavaScript or C#. Most tutorials nowadays are in C#.

3. ManoKristos

ManoKristos

Thank you for replying, Actually you didn't help me.. "SDK" tell me to plug in "JDK" and I can only use javascript.. How can I make android games with C#.. I want steps or tutorial video whatever and what should I download and plug in certainly.
    I suggest tutorial videos if there any! (For making android games by C# not JAVASCRIPT)

NinetysDude likes this.
  4. ManoKristos

ManoKristos

Any help please?

NinetysDude likes this.
  5. Zenix

Zenix

The JDK has nothing to do with javascript. It's required for building Android games.

You might want to start here. http://unity3d.com/learn

6. ergin3d

ergin3d

If you are talking of Android Studio by the SDK, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html JDK is here, you can either let AS to install it or preinstall it and install will continue. For JDK to work with Unity3d, from "Edit" > "Preferences" Choose "External Tools" and browse to JDK installed folder. To work with c# scripts inside Unity3D, select any object > Choose "New Script" from Inspector window and choose c# as language. VS or MonoDevelop will launch depending on your External Script Editor Choice...

ManoKristos likes this.
  7. ManoKristos

ManoKristos

I didn't even mean that.. omg..............
    THANKS A LOT.. this what I was asking for, I appreciate your help and thanks again :)