Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion How can I set up ml-agents to train on a dedicated server with visual observations? (beginner)

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by maxkcy, Mar 6, 2023.

1. maxkcy

maxkcy

I am an absolute beginner to servers, and I have never SSH'ed into one even once. Since I do not have any experiance with servers, I was hoping if someone may know how I can upload my ml-agents unity project into a server with just 1 gpu, to train the agents with visual observations.

From what I've gathered so far, I need to run it with xvfb installed on the server.
    I also have no idea what else to install and configure (such as python, torch, ml-agents) on the server and how to run it.
    Do you know what the easiest way is to do this, is it using a docker container?
    I was hoping that all I will need to do it upload my project to the server with linux build environment, cd to the python virtual environment, activate it, and then run it with the linux build environment in a server with gpus, but that doesn't seem like the case here.