Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HOT RELOAD - Edit Code Without Compiling!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reese015, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

2. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey there,

We have put a lot of effort into making our asset as reliable as possible to all users.
    For example, Hot Reload is the only tool of it's kind that works on Apple Silicon.

You can try out Hot Reload for free during the 30-day trial:
    https://hotreload.net/download

3. tommox86

tommox86

hi, does this work for ecs? i.e modifications in systembase source will be hot reloaded??

4. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey there,

Full support for Unity ECS, including `SystemBase` and `ISystem,` isn't available in our Hot Reload package.

We are planning to add support for it in the future. However, it is not planned for the next release, and the ETA is not decided upon yet.

5. tommox86

tommox86

ok as soon as you add this, I will purchase.
    regards

PencilBow likes this.
  6. tommox86

tommox86

ended up purchasing hotreload because not all of my project is ecs. This is excellent.
    for isystem you just disable the [burst compile] atrrib and your good to go for fast iterative code.
    shame this dont work for systembase(entities.foreach wihtouth burst), i guess ill be moving my code to isystem.
    10/10 money well spent.

PencilBow likes this.
  7. AndreasClifftop

AndreasClifftop

Any update on issue 219? It's a real pain building through our custom pipeline as I have to uninstall, build and then reinstall the plugin.

8. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. While the issue has not yet been resolved, it is very much on our radar. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA at this point, but we understand the importance of this fix for your workflow.

AndreasClifftop likes this.
  9. Scalisco

Scalisco

Hi! I'm using Hot Reload's latest version, and it's stuck on "Starting Hot Reload" with the loading wheel spinning forever, even though the server is running and even detecting changes in the command prompt. Unity doesn't recognize these changes. Any ideas on what the problem is?

10. Scalisco

Scalisco

Okay, nevermind. I restarted my computer and it fixed it. Great!

PencilBow likes this.
  11. Sandler

Sandler

with the latest version i often experience that it wont work or detect changes (like the very first change).
    i then need to restart the editor (2020lts) for it to sometimes work. i just debugged it, if my ms visual studio 2022, is open from a previous session and i keep using it, it wont detect the changes.

im also never sure if my changes will be detected.

if i paused the game, i will not apply the changes till it continues. or at least it wont indicate it.
    i really often deactivate it again, since it also makes other things slightly slower (leaving play mode, real recompiling takes longer).

maybe add an option to easily toogle between default mode and hotreload mode.

12. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey, we would like to know in which context your code changes don't get applied. Context is more important than the change itself if you experience inconsistent behavior.

Regarding the changes not applying when the game is paused, it is a feature that was requested from what I know. We can look into this behavior being configurable.

We're aware of the issue that makes recompiling take longer if you use Hot Reload's recompile button and split your code into multiple assemblies. That issue will be resolved in the next version.

Please feel free to follow up on these issues by reaching out to us via our Discord or email (contact@hotreload.net) if it's more convenient for you.

13. atmuc

atmuc

Hot reload uses high unity editor resources for me, even if I stop it. How can I fix this?

upload_2024-4-16_19-52-41.png

14. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey there,

We apologize for the issue, and thank you for reporting it.

We think this issue appears after running Hot Reload running for a long time without recompiling it. Simply recompiling Unity should resolve the problem short-term. I've created a gitlab issue to investigate and resolve the underlying cause: https://gitlab.com/singularitygroup/hot-reload-for-unity/-/issues/264

15. restush96

restush96

Hey, is it true that unity 6 has hot reload for free? I mean, without this asset, I could compile the code without stopping in unity 6.

andreiagmu likes this.
  16. Gronade

Gronade

Hey I've been getting this error lately which requires me to restart Hot Reload. Any fix for this?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [HotReload] Exception occured when creating patches:
    2. "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\HotReloadTemp\MethodPatches\Output\Assembly-CSharp-11-5b6680354ec54c678e88f43b028d32fc.dll'.
    3.   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
    4.   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize, Nullable`1 unixCreateMode)
    5.   at System.IO.File.OpenHandle(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
    6.   at System.IO.File.<WriteAllBytesAsync>g__Core|92_0(String path, Byte[] bytes, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    7.   at $P17rJ$9@p2@rw$<RbiY}%8z5.‫‏‫‬‭‪‪‏‎‭‎‮‪‎‍‪‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String )
    8.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    9.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    10.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    11.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‮‭‎‭‫‪‬‪‌‪‮‏‎‪‭‮‍‫‌‭‎‏‮(Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , :\+8U-}M>gbW(L=<p-Aexe20a\* , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableArray`1 , String , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ , CancellationToken )
    12.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‫‏‌‮‏‌‎‬‬‪‭‭‫‌‎‬‮‌‫‬‌‎‎‎‏‮(Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , :\+8U-}M>gbW(L=<p-Aexe20a\* , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , String , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ , CancellationToken )
    13.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‌‬‎‫‎‍‮‍‌‫‬‫‭‬‮‌‫‎‬‏‮(‪‬‫‭‏‭‎‎‭‎‏‪‌‏‏‫‬‮ , ImmutableArray`1 )
    14.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‪‎‫‫‫‎‫‎‏‎‍‪‎‍‬‏‍‬‬‌‌‪‮(‪‬‫‭‏‭‎‎‭‎‏‪‌‏‏‫‬‮ , ImmutableArray`1 )
    15.   at {UbNWZ%s2)MYjQ\*\\/12HFx/5'.‫‭‪‬‍‫‪‬‬‫‌‬‮‎‪‮‌‌‫‎‮‮‪‭‌‮(Object )"

17. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey there. The error is indicating that the directory required to apply patches doesn't exist. Perhaps some os script removes the directory? Could you find out if that directory exists when you get the error?

18. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Couple of errors when importing the package into a Unity 6 preview editor:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unable to update following assemblies:Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3c7ca989.tmp)
    2. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    3.  ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    4.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    5.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    6.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    7.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    8.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    9.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    10.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    11.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    12.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    13.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    14.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    15.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    16.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    17.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    18.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    19.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    20.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    21.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    22.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    23.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    24.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    25.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    26.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    27.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    28.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    29.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    30. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp38e6e800.tmp)
    31. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    32.  ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    33.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    34.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    35.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    36.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    37.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    38.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    39.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    40.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    41.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    42.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    43.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    44.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    45.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    46.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    47.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    48.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    49.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    50.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    51.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    52.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    53.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    54.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    55.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    56.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    57.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    58.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    59. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp6fad1507.tmp)
    60. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    61.  ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    62.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    63.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    64.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    65.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    66.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    67.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    68.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    69.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    70.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    71.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    72.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    73.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    74.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    75.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    76.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    77.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    78.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    79.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    80.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    81.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    82.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    83.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    84.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    85.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    86. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp55a2472b.tmp)
    87. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    88.  ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    89.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    90.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    91.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    92.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    93.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    94.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    95.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    96.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    97.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    98.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    99.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    100.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    101.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    102.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    103.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    104.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    105.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    106.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    107.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    108.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    109.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    110.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    111.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    112.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    113. Following assemblies were successfully updated but due to the failed ones above they were ignored (not copied to the destination folder):Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2019.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp179f3717.tmp)
    114. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2019.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpda07a46.tmp)
    115. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2020.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp39f96b52.tmp)
    116. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2020.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7e0a77ad.tmp)
    117. UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterLogger:WriteErrorToConsole (string,object[])
    118. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:HandleAssemblyUpdaterErrors (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.AssemblyUpdaterUpdateTask>)
    119. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:UpdateAssemblies ()
    120. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:ProcessImportedAssemblies (string[])

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unable to update following assemblies:Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp48c059d.tmp)
    3. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    4. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    5.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    6.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    7.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    8.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    9.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    10.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    11.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    12.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    13.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    14.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    15.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    16.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    17.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    18.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    19.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    20.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    21.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    22.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    23.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    24.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    25.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    26.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    27.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    28.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    29. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2022, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp184d0b39.tmp)
    31. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    32. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    33.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    34.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    35.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    36.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    37.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    38.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    39.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    40.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    41.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    42.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    43.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    44.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    45.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    46.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    47.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    48.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    49.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    50.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    51.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    52.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    53.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    54.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    55.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    56.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    57. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1ecad8b7.tmp)
    59. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    60. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    61.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    62.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    63.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    64.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    65.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    66.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    67.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    68.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    69.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    70.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    71.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    72.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    73.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    74.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    75.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    76.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    77.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    78.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    79.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    80.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    81.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    82.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    83.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    84.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    85.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    86.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    87. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies.dll (Name = SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp1e5ed20a.tmp)
    89. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    90. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    91.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericParametersFor(TypeReference type)
    92.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.GenericArgumentsFor(TypeReference type)
    93.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    94.    at APIUpdater.Framework.Util.CecilExtensions.AsReferenceSpec(TypeReference self)
    95.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.HandleCustomAttribute(CustomAttributeArgument argument, CustomAttribute customAttribute, ICustomAttributeProvider appliedTo)
    96.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MoveToNamespace.Visit(CustomAttribute customAttribute, Context context)
    97.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Context context)
    98.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    99.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Context context)
    100.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Context context)
    101.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    102.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Context context)
    103.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    104.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
    105.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    106.    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    107.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T](T node, Context context)
    108.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T](T definition, Visitor visitor)
    109.    at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept(AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Visitor visitor)
    110.    at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    111.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    112.    at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run(AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    113.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly(UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdaterContext context)
    114.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1(UpdateOptions o)
    115.    at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
    116.    at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
    117. Following assemblies were successfully updated but due to the failed ones above they were ignored (not copied to the destination folder):Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2020.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpecb2d78.tmp)
    119. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2020.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp57f91791.tmp)
    121. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/OnDevice/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2019.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp679c7f54.tmp)
    123. Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/Libs/EditorOnly/SingularityGroup.HotReload.RuntimeDependencies2019.dll    (Result = 0) (Output: C:\Users\gdev\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp6daa8ec0.tmp)
    126. UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterLogger:WriteErrorToConsole (string,object[])
    127. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:HandleAssemblyUpdaterErrors (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.AssemblyUpdaterUpdateTask>)
    128. UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:UpdateAssemblies ()

19. Gronade

Gronade

No it didn't exist. I've just tried again without them and it's given me a new error though. It seems like this time the entire Output directory disappeared. Originally it was just empty.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [HotReload] Exception occured when creating patches:
    2. "Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Unity.InputSystem, Version=1.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    3.   at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters)
    4.   at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
    5.   at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name)
    6.   at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve(TypeReference type)
    7.   at ‎‍‎‫‎‏‪‭‫‎‮‭‬‫‬‎‮‭‬‭‍‫‪‮.‮‌‬‌‮‬‬‮‏‪‪‮‌‍‪‬‌‫‪‌‏‭‍‎‮(IMetadataResolver, TypeReference)
    8.   at ‎‍‎‫‎‏‪‭‫‎‮‭‬‫‬‎‮‭‬‭‍‫‪‮.‌‎‍‎‎‬‪‍‌‮‏‎‫‎‎‌‪‏‬‎‌‪‮‭‬‪‮(TypeReference )
    9.   at ‎‍‎‫‎‏‪‭‫‎‮‭‬‫‬‎‮‭‬‭‍‫‪‮.‮‭‏‭‮‮‎‎‪‫‫‎‭‭‮(TypeReference )
    10.   at ‪‬‪‍‫‌‎‭‎‬‎‬‬‪‭‫‭‮‪‎‫‎‎‪‬‮.‎‮‮‬‪‭‬‌‏‌‬‪‍‪‍‬‎‪‪‮(TypeReference , Boolean )
    11.   at ‫‌‌‎‌‬‮‌‮‌‮‫‮‬‫‎‌‍‏‫‭‎‍‪‎‮.‬‏‌‏‎‬‭‏‬‭‬‫‮‍‍‍‏‫‪‭‪‬‪‮‌‭‎‎‮‮(MethodReference , ‎‪‮‍‏‍‏‌‪‪‎‮‏‮‪‬‍‌‬‌‏‫‮‍‮‏‏‎‮ )
    12.   at ‪‬‪‍‫‌‎‭‎‬‎‬‬‪‭‫‭‮‪‎‫‎‎‪‬‮.‎‏‌‫‫‌‮‪‌‭‍‪‫‫‭‏‮‫‬‭‍‭‪‌‮(MethodReference , ‎‪‮‍‏‍‏‌‪‪‎‮‏‮‪‬‍‌‬‌‏‫‮‍‮‏‏‎‮ , MethodDefinition )
    13.   at ‌‬‭‍‌‍‍‪‏‌‫‫‮‍‭‎‏‮‬‮.‮‎‌‌‮‍‮‬‍‎‬‌‮(MethodReference , ‎‪‮‍‏‍‏‌‪‪‎‮‏‮‪‬‍‌‬‌‏‫‮‍‮‏‏‎‮ , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    14.   at ‌‬‭‍‌‍‍‪‏‌‫‫‮‍‭‎‏‮‬‮.‌‮‪‏‎‪‌‍‬‭‪‬‏‍‬‏‬‮‮(MethodReference , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    15.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‮‌‍‍‍‍‌‫‍‭‫‎‏‮‍‏‎‍‬‎‫‍‪‮(Instruction , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    16.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‍‮‎‎‫‌‌‌‏‏‌‮‎‎‌‭‏‪‫‌‏‭‪‍‎‌‭‮(MethodBody , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    17.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‍‫‌‬‫‌‫‪‪‎‪‮‭‪‍‍‮‍‫‪‭‫‬‮(MethodDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    18.   at ‌‬‭‍‌‍‍‪‏‌‫‫‮‍‭‎‏‮‬‮.‫‎‎‏‭‬‍‏‭‎‪‍‪‌‭‮‍‪‎‍‏‭‪‮(MethodDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    19.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‌‎‍‫‎‪‫‍‌‏‬‪‭‏‏‎‬‎‫‭‬‎‍‏‮(TypeDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    20.   at ‌‬‭‍‌‍‍‪‏‌‫‫‮‍‭‎‏‮‬‮.‮‎‌‎‫‎‍‪‮‎‪‮‪‌‮‬‌‭‮‫‫‭‮(TypeDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    21.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‍‮‍‍‫‮‭‌‭‪‍‍‫‍‌‫‬‏‫‌‪‍‬‮(ModuleDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    22.   at ‏‎‏‮‪‎‏‭‎‍‍‫‭‭‎‍‎‎‬‭‭‎‭‮‏‮.‍‮‫‏‪‎‫‏‌‏‬‏‍‌‌‌‫‬‮(AssemblyDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    23.   at ‌‬‭‍‌‍‍‪‏‌‫‫‮‍‭‎‏‮‬‮.‍‮‪‪‍‍‌‪‏‍‬‍‮‬‏‮‫‌‫‮(AssemblyDefinition , ‎‮‮‏‭‎‬‪‭‌‎‪‌‭‬‏‌‍‎‬‬‫‍‪‎‌‮ )
    24.   at ‫‌‮‌‮‎‮‏‍‍‮‬‪‏‮‌‮‏‭‫‏‮.‬‏‫‪‎‭‌‏‬‬‎‫‍‏‪‭‏‍‌‮‮‫‌‮(String , String , Stream , Stream , Stream , Boolean , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableHashSet`1 , ‍‮‍‍‬‏‎‭‭‌‍‍‮‫‬‪‬‫‬‫‮ , String , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    25.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    26.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    27.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‎‏‌‬‍‍‌‌‎‭‎‏‍‮‍‍‪‏‎‏‏‮(ImmutableArray`1 , String , ImmutableDictionary`2 , Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ )
    28.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‮‭‎‭‫‪‬‪‌‪‮‏‎‪‭‮‍‫‌‭‎‏‮(Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , :\+8U-}M>gbW(L=<p-Aexe20a\* , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableArray`1 , String , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ , CancellationToken )
    29.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‫‏‌‮‏‌‎‬‬‪‭‭‫‌‎‬‮‌‫‬‌‎‎‎‏‮(Solution , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , :\+8U-}M>gbW(L=<p-Aexe20a\* , ImmutableDictionary`2 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableArray`1 , ImmutableDictionary`2 , String , ‮‭‏‬‬‪‌‮‬‎‍‫‎‏‬‬‮‍‬‏‬‍‍‭‮ , CancellationToken )
    30.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‌‬‎‫‎‍‮‍‌‫‬‫‭‬‮‌‫‎‬‏‮(‪‬‫‭‏‭‎‎‭‎‏‪‌‏‏‫‬‮ , ImmutableArray`1 )
    31.   at `YBjTKR\"PhuP)8nYv$-:\\-4F\&.‪‎‫‫‫‎‫‎‏‎‍‪‎‍‬‏‍‬‬‌‌‪‮(‪‬‫‭‏‭‎‎‭‎‏‪‌‏‏‫‬‮ , ImmutableArray`1 )
    32.   at {UbNWZ%s2)MYjQ\*\\/12HFx/5'.‫‭‪‬‍‫‪‬‬‫‌‬‮‎‪‮‌‌‫‎‮‮‪‭‌‮(Object )"

20. PencilBow

PencilBow

Can't think of anything ordinary that would cause this. Which Unity version are you using? I would consider trying to reinstall Hot Reload: https://hotreload.net/documentation/getting-started#uninstalling-hot-reload

21. ivan-trackman

ivan-trackman

It seems that it doesn't work in the Editor, I'm writing an editor extension and it always recompiles.
    I wish there was a disclaimer for that before I purchased it.

22. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey there. Hot Reload does work in the Editor, but if you encounter an unsupported change, it auto recompiles.

You can disable auto recompiling unsupported changes in the Settings to see which changes trigger full recompilations.

23. Gronade

Gronade

24. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

I see that on Hot Reload's website (Pricing and FAQ pages), there's no mention anymore of the "free unlimited Hot Reload for Unity Personal users". Is that going to be (or is already) phased out?

I'm a Unity Personal user. To be clear, I want to pay for the Hot Reload Indie License eventually. I really like the product. :)
    As of now, I'm in no condition to spend that $70 USD. I know it's worth it, but right now, money's very short here.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  25. PencilBow

PencilBow

We planned to remove free unlimited Hot Reload for Unity Personal users with the updates to Unity pricing and the removal of the Unity Plus tier. We didn't make any changes yet, but users complained that Hot Reload no longer detecting Unity Personal tier as a free tier. So we removed the info from the website, even though on earlier Unity versions Hot Reload might still be freely compatible with Unity Personal.

If you wish to use Hot Reload for free you may do so as long as you don't upgrade Unity/Hot Reload.

andreiagmu likes this.
  26. Gronade

Gronade

Been getting this error occasionally when entering playmode and it seems to be related to Hot Reload based on the information at the bottom. Any help with this?

27. bugfinders

bugfinders

I bought hot reload, and it works well, until you make a test project its changed global settings and then you can get frustrations of projects without it.. Its a shame unity makes those non project level choices.

28. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hot Reload is calling Unity API here to find asmdefs and their guids. I'm not sure what makes it try to allocate 17MB. Do you have many asmdefs in your project? Either way it seems that 17MB allocation should not cause out of memory by itself and the root cause may lie elsewhere. Best would be to profile memory that Unity allocates in the Editor.

29. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey, I would recommend stopping Hot Reload when working on test projects, which should revert Editor settings to the defaults.

30. bugfinders

bugfinders

define "stopping" ?

so lets say i have it in my current main project and i spend today working on that

as say i wake tomorrow. Create a new project. The project is effected by the hot reload settings on the editor level and across versions.

i dont want to have to open my main project to say undo just to then go make a new project.

31. PencilBow

PencilBow

By "stopping" I mean pressing the "Stop" button in the Run tab window of Hot Reload.
    Closing the Unity project that has Hot Reload active should stop Hot Reload as well, but we rely on Unity's event system which might have reliably issues.

For maximum reliability you would need to press the "Stop" button before closing the Unity project that has Hot Reload running.

32. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hey everyone!

We just released version 1.12.10.

Features:
    • Added support for running Hot Reload in multiple Unity projects simultaneously
    Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue causing projects with multiple assemblies to take longer to compile
    • Fixed Editor performance degradation when using Hot Reload overlay for long periods of time
    • Fixed Unity Inspector window getting stuck when selecting a prefab in the Projects folder
    • Improved Editor performance when Hot Reload is not active

Silentor666 likes this.
  33. MildlyInfuriating

MildlyInfuriating

Still waiting for ISystem support :( This would work so well because these don't have any members by design.

34. PencilBow

PencilBow

35. MildlyInfuriating

MildlyInfuriating

Hmm sadly no, I don't use Burst while working on gameplay code but the changes I make are not supported. Ah, I've now realized - the wording in the documentation seems wrong. System code != Bursted Code. The systems use a code generator for the lookups (all SystemAPI. calls and more), THEN this code is optionally bursted.

InvalidOperationException: No suitable code replacement generated, this is either due to generators failing, or lack of support in your current context
    FirstPersonGrappleSystem.OnUpdate (FirstPersonGrappleSystem& this, Unity.Entities.SystemState& state) (at Assets/Scripts/Systems/Character/FirstPersonGrappleSystems.cs:20)
    FirstPersonGrappleSystem.__codegen__OnUpdate (System.IntPtr self, System.IntPtr state) (at <96bb094713e54463bdcb4a1227de9b30>:0)

Any changes in this code don't work, even just replacing constants.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using Drawing;
    2. using Unity.CharacterController;
    3. using Unity.Entities;
    4. using Unity.Mathematics;
    5. using Unity.NetCode;
    6. using Unity.Physics;
    7. using Unity.Physics.Systems;
    8. using Unity.Transforms;
    10. [UpdateInGroup(typeof(AfterPhysicsSystemGroup))]
    11. [UpdateBefore(typeof(KinematicCharacterPhysicsUpdateGroup))]
    12. public partial struct FirstPersonGrappleSystem : ISystem
    13. {
    14.     public void OnCreate(ref SystemState state)
    15.     {
    16.     }
    18.     public void OnUpdate(ref SystemState state)
    19.     {
    20.         var ECB = SystemAPI.GetSingletonRW<EndSimulationEntityCommandBufferSystem.Singleton>().ValueRW.CreateCommandBuffer(state.WorldUnmanaged);
    21.         PhysicsWorld physicsWorld = SystemAPI.GetSingleton<PhysicsWorldSingleton>().PhysicsWorld;
    23.         foreach (var (characterComponentRef, characterControl, characterBody, entity) in SystemAPI.Query<RefRW<FirstPersonCharacterComponent>, FirstPersonCharacterControl, KinematicCharacterBody>().WithEntityAccess())
    24.         {
    25.             ref var characterComponent = ref characterComponentRef.ValueRW;
    26.             DebugDraw.ScreenText("GrappleState: " + characterComponent.GrappleState);
    28.             var viewLTW = SystemAPI.GetComponent<LocalToWorld>(characterComponent.ViewEntity);
    30.             switch (characterComponent.GrappleState)
    31.             {
    32.                 case GrappleState.None:
    33.                     {
    34.                         var input = new RaycastInput
    35.                         {
    36.                             Start = viewLTW.Position + viewLTW.Forward,
    37.                             End = viewLTW.Position + viewLTW.Forward * 50,
    38.                             Filter = CollisionFilter.Default,
    39.                         };
    40.                         if (physicsWorld.CastRay(input, out RaycastHit hit))
    41.                         {
    42.                             if (characterControl.AimHeld)
    43.                             {
    44.                                 var targetLTW = SystemAPI.GetComponent<LocalToWorld>(hit.Entity);
    46.                                 characterComponent.GrappleTargetEntity = hit.Entity;
    47.                                 characterComponent.GrappleTargetLocalOffset = math.mul(math.inverse(targetLTW.Rotation), hit.Position - targetLTW.Position);
    48.                                 characterComponent.GrappleTargetPlaneNormal = math.normalize(hit.Position - viewLTW.Position);
    49.                                 characterComponent.GrappleState = GrappleState.Attached;
    51.                                 if (state.World.IsClient())
    52.                                 {
    53.                                     ECB.AddComponent(ECB.CreateEntity(), FxRequest.Create("FX_Grapple_Hit", hit.Position, quaternion.identity));
    54.                                 }
    55.                             }
    56.                         }
    58.                         break;
    59.                     }
    60.                 case GrappleState.Failed:
    61.                     if (!characterControl.AimHeld)
    62.                     {
    63.                         characterComponent.GrappleState = GrappleState.None;
    64.                     }
    65.                     break;
    67.                 case GrappleState.Attached:
    68.                     {
    69.                         if (!SystemAPI.Exists(characterComponent.GrappleTargetEntity) || !characterControl.AimHeld)
    70.                         {
    71.                             characterComponent.GrappleState = GrappleState.Failed;
    72.                             continue;
    73.                         }
    75.                         var targetLTW = SystemAPI.GetComponent<LocalToWorld>(characterComponent.GrappleTargetEntity);
    76.                         var grapplePointWorld = targetLTW.Position + math.mul(targetLTW.Rotation, characterComponent.GrappleTargetLocalOffset);
    78.                         // Draw.ingame.WireSphere(grapplePointWorld, 0.15f);
    79.                         // Draw.ingame.WirePlane(grapplePointWorld, characterComponent.GrappleTargetPlaneNormal, new float2(5, 5));
    81.                         // Break
    82.                         var normalizedViewToGrapple = math.normalize(grapplePointWorld - viewLTW.Position);
    84.                         var plane = new Unity.Mathematics.Geometry.Plane(grapplePointWorld, characterComponent.GrappleTargetPlaneNormal);
    85.                         if (math.dot(viewLTW.Forward, normalizedViewToGrapple) < -0.1f)
    86.                         {
    87.                             if (state.World.IsClient())
    88.                             {
    89.                                 ECB.AddComponent(ECB.CreateEntity(), FxRequest.Create("FX_Grapple_Break", grapplePointWorld, quaternion.identity));
    90.                             }
    92.                             characterComponent.GrappleState = GrappleState.Failed;
    93.                             continue;
    94.                         }
    98.                         // Velocity
    99.                         var newCharacterBody = characterBody;
    100.                         newCharacterBody.RelativeVelocity += -characterComponent.Gravity * SystemAPI.Time.DeltaTime; // Cancel gravity
    101.                         newCharacterBody.RelativeVelocity += 30 * SystemAPI.Time.DeltaTime * normalizedViewToGrapple; // Accelerate towards grapple point
    102.                         newCharacterBody.IsGrounded = false;
    104.                         SystemAPI.SetComponent(entity, newCharacterBody);
    105.                         break;
    106.                     }
    107.             }
    108.         }
    109.     }
    110. }
    I suppose if you were able to trigger this code generation yourself, the resulting system code (which seems to be in-memory only -> <96bb094713e54463bdcb4a1227de9b30>:0) is no different to "normal" code.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  36. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Hi, I purchased Hot Reload and have been happily been using it for a while.

A tree branch fell during a storm a couple days ago, and knocked out my internet for a few days. I was unable to use Hot Reload during this time because the licensing couldn't "phone home" to verify my license. This was very upsetting. I even tried connecting to my phone's hotspot to let it "phone home", but as soon as I disconnected from the hotspot (I don't have unlimited data to use with it) it tried "phoning home" again, and disabled itself.

This puts a pretty big mar on an otherwise great product. What if I wanted to take a laptop out somewhere without internet? I can't use this product that I paid for at all when I do that? I feel like I'm being punished by this licensing system that I'm guessing is imposed to prevent people who are actually doing bad things (somehow pirating the plugin), but I actually purchased it.

Is there a setting or something that can be changed so that I can use Hot Reload without an internet connection? Could the licensing "phoning home" have a timeout that isn't checking seemingly every 30 seconds? If it had a one-week timeout for the licensing phoning-home, that would solve pretty much all of my complaints.

Would really appreciate a response, thanks a lot! Like I said, the product is great besides this, but it was very upsetting and felt like a "salt in the wound" scenario when my internet went out and then on top of that I couldn't use Hot Reload.

Liam2349 likes this.
  37. Liam2349

Liam2349

I think Hot Reload is a great product, it works really well, but I strongly dislike such DRM. I feel that DRM mostly imposes negative effects on paying customers.

I really like Hot Reload, and I have not run into the above issue yet, but if it does require a constant internet connection, it would be great if the requirement could be removed.