Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HoloLens 2 Emulator input controls not working

Discussion in 'VR' started by danielputschoegl, Jul 17, 2019.

1. danielputschoegl

danielputschoegl

I have no input controls in the emulator neither running as admin or not. Also running it from windows start menu as admin or not I have no input controls.

The emulator worked fine after some troubleshooting the first day. Now working the second day with the emulator I've got this problem. Reinstalling the emulator didn't help.

BarthUnity likes this.
  2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Can you elaborate on the process you're following to open the emulator itself?

3. P_D_B

P_D_B

Microsoft Employee

Your emulator appears to be having network connectivity issues. In addition to the Holographic Start menu saying "No internet", several toolbar buttons on the right side of the window are disabled, including the Developer Tools and Device Portal buttons, which require connectivity. This generally indicates a problem with the network configuration on your host machine. Do you have any special networking configuration, such as bridges between adapters or VPN software? If you click the ">>" button and click to the "Diagnostics" tab, does it show an IP address for Windows Device Portal? (And if so, if you click the link does Device Portal display?)

JasonCostanza likes this.
  4. danielputschoegl

danielputschoegl

@JasonCostanza @P_D_B Thanks for your replies. Third day, third attempt. The emulator is working again... I haven't changed anything since, I'm a little at a loss.

5. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Interesting. P_D_B will know best. I was told there are sometimes some weird behaviors with how the emulator is launched but I'm not an expert in the tool myself. Odd it just started working randomly but I guess it wouldn't be the first time I've seen computers just "decide to work" one day

6. P_D_B

P_D_B

Microsoft Employee

@JasonCostanza I'd like to understand the source of the "weird behaviors" statement. Can you please follow up with me and provide specifics?

7. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Can do. I'll shoot you an email.

8. Bernie96

Bernie96

I have the same problem with the hololens 1 emulator. Are there any solutions right now?

9. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hello Bernie96, given this thread's last reply was 6 months ago, could you file a new issue via the bug reporter? Things could be drastically different since then code-wise so it would be helpful to get a fresh issue logged and we will be happy to look it over with updated information

10. eusebium

eusebium

I've installed the latest Hololens2 Emulator (Win 10 1809, SDK 10.0.18362.0, i7 8Core, GTX 1070, 32 GB RAM) and it is not getting any inputs. The network on the host works fine (I've disabled the VPN) and the Diagnistics tab shows only the Virtual GPU status.
    Also, I have the Mixed Reality Portal app installed.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  11. P_D_B

P_D_B

Microsoft Employee

@eusebium I see you've posted on HoloDevelopers on Slack as well. I'll answer over there.

JasonCostanza likes this.
  12. carmenvillalobosgarcia

carmenvillalobosgarcia

Hello, I have the same problem. I have windows 11 pro, intel core i7-13620H, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX4060. I have installed last version of hololens 2 emulator (10.0.20348.1543). When the emulator starts, I can't use the mouse or keyboard. The hand is not there. I have tried installing several times, installing last drivers of the GPU, etc
    I run the emulator with administrator privileges.
    In my other laptop, an old one with windows 10, it runs, and I can use the mouse to move.
    Any idea???

Thanks

upload_2023-6-3_21-23-19.png

13. carmenvillalobosgarcia

carmenvillalobosgarcia

I have just tested that if I install an old version it works. I have installed 10.0.18362.1061.

Why an old version works and the last one gives the problem of input?