Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hold on... Importing small assets.

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by omgketchup, Oct 25, 2018.

1. omgketchup

omgketchup

I want to play with the FPS Sample so bad. I downloaded yesterday it using git-bash (a terminal client for Windows), and yes, it has large file support. The folder was ~35GB (.git is 17.5, /Assets is 17.5).

When I tried to open it using 2018.3.0b6, it took forever to calculate the asset hashes. No big deal. It started Importing small assets. Taking even longer. Sat there for about 2 hours yesterday before I had to End Task via Task Manager (the cancel button in the dialogue greys out). So of course, I tried just opening the project again.

The second time, it jumped right to Importing small assets, and the button grays out. What I didn't notice the first time, is that apparently, about 1% into Importing small assets, my display driver crashed and recovered. Now this happens every time I try to load the project. I figured I was being dumb, did something wrong, and would try again this morning.

Trying again this morning, I got the same behavior. Tried to load the project again (2018.3.0b6 via Unity Hub). It recalculates the asset hashes very quickly, and then gets about 4% done with Importing small assets before my display driver crashes and recovers again.

It's an AMD card. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not going to work with my hardware?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

After cloning project and finishing LFS donwloading - 35+ Gb, is normal

3. jjxtra

jjxtra

Seeing the same problem on multiple projects of mine, including this one. Crash / freeze only happens on Mac OSX latest version on a 2015 iMAC, Windows is fine.