Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[HELP WANTED] Animation Rigging package: how to perform chained ik??

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by hawaiian_lasagne, Apr 19, 2020.

1. hawaiian_lasagne

hawaiian_lasagne

Hi,

I'm getting pretty confused here. I have set up two bone ik for my arm. When my hand target gets too far for the arm to reach, i'd like this to pull the shoulder forward, which will rotate and pull the spine.

My problem is when I move the hand ik target out of arms length range, it stops. What would the next step be?

2. danUnity

danUnity

You basically want a full body IK for biped.

Like that?

Not sure that's possible with the default Animation Rigging package constraints, maybe using the Chain IK Constraint? But I doubt it... You probably want to build your own Animation Rigging node or maybe look at Final IK on the asset store.

hawaiian_lasagne likes this.
  3. hawaiian_lasagne

hawaiian_lasagne

Ahh yes perfect, this is the exact look I’m after, thanks!
    I was hoping this was available in the rigging package but sadly it seems not.
    Final IK looks really good though, I’ll consider getting it.

4. danUnity

danUnity

This is a very specialized use case, the rigging package is meant to be modulable. It can be used to restraint anything, objects, humanoids, quadrupeds etc... Anything else can be written by extending the basic nodes in the animation package.

hawaiian_lasagne likes this.