Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Graphical errors with HDRP Motion-Blur

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by CortiWins, Mar 21, 2020.

1. CortiWins

CortiWins

When i have hdrp-motion blur activated, it leads to a glitch-like flittering back and forth on models.
    The movement is the camera rotating around an object. Its the CinemachineFreeLook component. The flicker does not only appear on the model that is the target of focus but also round them. It seem to be related to the rotation.
    • Unity 2019.3.4f1
    • HDRP Version 7.18 & 7.3.1 tested.
    • Glitsch exists on both an imported model and the HDRP example hammer.

Attached Files:

2. CortiWins

CortiWins

I still got the problem. I can't be the only person using HDRP-MotionBlur and CinemachineFreeLook, am i?

3. fildax

fildax

You are not alone. I have very similiar problem. No idea how to fix it though.

4. Rzinx

Rzinx

Feel you, same problem for 2019.3.5f1 and no idea what to do. For now I just put a very small value in the Volume Override so it's less noticeable.

5. Velo222

Velo222

I noticed in more recent HDRP versions, a lot (or all) of the post-process settings are enabled by default. I had to specifically place motion blur in my post-process volume override settings and set the motion-blur to zero in order to have no motion blur.

In previous HD package versions this was not necessary. I'm just throwing that out there, I don't know if it would fix your problem though.

6. Tomas-Kiniulis

Tomas-Kiniulis

Unity Technologies

Hey CortiWins,

If you are using 7.3.1, try expanding the advanced settings cogwheel on your Motion Blur override and adjust the Camera Rotation Velocity Clamp until the result is satisfying. This should address your flickering issue while orbiting around an object. There has been a recent fix for this https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/5973 so if you use 7.1.8 the slider might not work

unityunity