Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Play Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ltteixeira, May 11, 2019.

1. ltteixeira

ltteixeira

Note: English isn't my mother language, so sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes.

I recently released a game on Google Play Store (it uses Unity Ads) for studying porpouses, but after 30 hours I got an e-mail that said my game were removed from the platform, because it violates the usage of Android advertising ID. After searching for hours on how to fix these issue, I now know that I need to create a Privacy Policy document, upload to some web host, place the URL in the game description and update it. My question is: Do I really need to put the Privacy Policy document IN the app too? I mean, some sort of a button that opens the URL outside the game, for example.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I put a button in my apps which links to the privacy policy on my website. This seems to satisfy Google, or at least they haven't flagged any problems with me doing so. However, the goalposts seem to change on a daily basis so who knows what they will require in the future.

ltteixeira likes this.
  3. cephalo2

cephalo2

On the google play console there is a place to put the privacy policy url. I do not have one in app and I haven't had a problem yet.

I used PrivacyPolicies.com and they host my privacy policy for me.

ltteixeira likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Further to my first answer, I don't think Google's policies state you must link to a privacy policy from within the app in all cases (I haven't read them in a while so the goalposts might have changed on this). I know to get accepted in the Family apps you do. Chances are that it will become a blanket requirement at some point though, mainly thanks to the efforts of the EU. Also I'm not sure if they actually check the policy you provide, or just check that you link to something (but if you need an app reinstated then make sure you follow every rule to the letter and have a watertight policy at the other end of your link).

ltteixeira likes this.