Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Git Win to Mac plugins gone

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DavidSmit, Apr 13, 2018.

1. DavidSmit

DavidSmit

I've been struggling to get my project synced correctly on a mac. It was initially made on Windows for Android and I'm using a version control (git - sourcetree).
    I've got the .gitignore setup correctly, to ignore the Library folder, and the global git ignore does not ignore the .dll files. But every time I try to import my project on the mac, it loses all references to all the plugins (it synced the files, but can't find the namespaces).
    And it seems to have lost a lot of the editor references of the project.

One of the first errors is that it has an issue with the Xiaomi support (which I did not enable), also the unity Ad's and iAP are giving problems.
    It seems to be an all round plugins issue.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
    When using unity Collab it seems to work somehow. However the iAP buttons were all broken. A minor thing to fix, but still strange.

-- my gitignore file:

# =============== #
    # Unity generated #
    # =============== #
    [Tt]emp/
    [Oo]bj/
    [Bb]uild
    [Ll]ibrary/
    [Aa]ssets/[Ss]treaming[Aa]ssets/
    sysinfo.txt
    *.stackdump

# ===================================== #
    # Visual Studio / MonoDevelop generated #
    # ===================================== #
    [Ee]xported[Oo]bj/
    .vs/
    /*.userprefs
    /*.csproj
    /*.pidb
    /*.suo
    /*.sln*
    /*.user
    /*.unityproj
    /*.booproj

# ============ #
    # OS generated #
    # ============ #
    .DS_Store*
    ._*
    .Spotlight-V100
    .Trashes
    Icon?
    ehthumbs.db
    [Tt]humbs.db
    *.apk

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What version of Unity? Earlier versions (prior to 2017.3 I believe) had issues as you describe if you did not include the Library folder in source control

DavidSmit likes this.
  3. DavidSmit

DavidSmit

It was 2017.3.1f.
    I read that 2017.3.p3 should solve the dissapearing IAP button script issue. So I'm trying that now.
    It did still required me to reinstall the whole IAP component through the services tab. But the app is finally building through the use of Unity Collaborate. Which works well, but it's strange that it doesn't work through normal source control.

I've had this before with a previous project (done in 2017.1), and just like before it feels a bit like black-magic when it suddenly worked. Which makes me a bit afraid of touching or upgrading anything :)

Edit:
    IAP buttons seems to be working normally again with 2017.3.p3.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018