Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a curved healthbar

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Fluzing, May 28, 2014.

1. Fluzing

Fluzing

Hi All,

I am trying to get a health bar as in the image below. I have found a few threads that suggest all sorts of stuff. Right now I have a circular mesh and I am using tiling to create a crude form of health bar. However, what I want is individual blocks to disappear instead of a sliding bar. I tried using a different texture, but I can't get it right. What would be the best method to achieve such a healthbar on IOS?

Edit: ignore the laserbar. My other picture would not show up without it.

$13330-laserbeamblue.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Please add the actual image ;)

3. Fluzing

Fluzing

That is weird. It wont attach.

4. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

You can use the alpha value of your texture in a shader. If alpha is above your health normalized (e.g. 0.5), show the texture color, if not, fully transparent.
    You have to set up your alpha channel with different alpha values for each of your blocks.

5. Fluzing

Fluzing

That would require me to create a bended texture of the entire bar, wouldn't it?

6. Fluzing

Fluzing

Ok, I made the grpahic with overlay, but which shader do I need? Transparent Cutout does not work properly.

Edit: the image I made seems to be not good enough. Any tips?

$statsbar.png

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Transparent cutout works for me, but you have to make your alpha channel independent from your colors. At the moment your slider is darker at the bottom.

8. Fluzing

Fluzing

I am not sure what you mean.