Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Get Google Play Plan Offers through Unity IAP

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by td-ys, Oct 4, 2022.

1. td-ys

td-ys

Hi,

Our team is using Unity IAP v4.4.0 and I'm looking to get plan offers from Google Play, but I can't find a way to do so with the given API.

I've attached a picture of the layout in the Google Play console. For example, is there a way I can get the "test" offer under the "test1" base plan?

Google Play's documentation states:
    "For a subscription, ProductDetails.getSubscriptionOfferDetails() returns a list of all base plans and offers the user is eligible to purchase. This means that you can access all base plans and offers eligible for the user, regardless of backward-compatibility. getSubscriptionOfferDetails() returns null for non-subscription products. For one-time purchases, you can use getOneTimePurchaseOfferDetails()."

Is this method available on v4.4.0 from the C# side?

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are working on the new features available in the latest Google Play Billing Library v4/v5 and hopefully should have something before the end of the year. Unfortunately this is not currently supported.

3. CU_Marko

CU_Marko

Hi.
    Any news on this?
    We are preparing to implement subscriptions in our app and, as far as I can see, Unity IAP 4.7.0 still has no support for this new subscription structure from GooglePlay that can contain multiple base plans and offers?
    Do we have to create "backwards compatible" offers in order to have access to subscriptions via Unity IAP?

4. td-ys

td-ys

We are also still looking forward to this feature. Any updates @JeffDUnity3D?

5. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @CU_Marko @td-ys,
    Unfortunately this is still not supported, but will be after our new major release.

Feel free to reach me if you have any questions.

6. spektragames

spektragames

The UnityEngine.Purchasing.Product class don't have RetrieveDetails and OnRetrieveDetailsResponse methods. How did you handle this?
    IAP package version: 4.9.4

Goodsquirrel likes this.
  7. rastleks

rastleks

Guys, it seems like now using latest IAP package version 4.9.4 it's just IMPOSSIBLE to implement Free Trial in new games, because google doesn't allow us to create legacy subscription product with built-in trial.

Tried to use trial id to retrieve free trial as a product, but result is the product that not available to purchase.

Unity, please, help. It's just owful that unity IAP doesnt support free trials now.

ShantiB95 likes this.
  8. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

9. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @joseGuate97,
    Unfortunately, this will not be supported within 4.9.x

10. hacker_man_sam

hacker_man_sam

Thanks for the update @Arnaud_Gorain, do you or the team have an eta on when the feature would be supported, is it on the roadmap at all?

11. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @Esildor,
    There is no ETA for this, but the ask is noted

12. ShantiB95

ShantiB95

13. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @ShantiB95,
    Still same as my previous answer unfortunately