Search Unity

Get Gamedata from Cloud of a Player in Google play Leaderboard

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by seehundy, Sep 13, 2021.

1. seehundy

seehundy

Hello, the game can be saved to the Google cloud in my app. Is it possible to access the data stored in another player's cloud? For example, player1 has stored the value 50 wood in his cloud. Player2 selects player1 from the leaderboard and steals 20 wood from him, so that player 1 only has 30 wood in his cloud. So the next time player1 logs in, he only has 30 Holt instead of 50. Is something like this possible?

2. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

I'm 99.99% certain you can only access the cloud data associated with the Google Play profile you are logged in with. Anything else would be a massive security risk.

3. seehundy

seehundy

Thank you for your answer. Do you happen to know whether there is another method to access multiple game data of another player without him being online. my game doesn't have a server. Only the google play function and the leaderboard.

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

You should be able to achieve this with a backend service's cloud scripting, something like PlayFab should do the job. I have used GameSparks for the same thing in the past, but that service is closing next year.

5. seehundy

seehundy

I'll find out more about playfab. Thank you!

6. seehundy

seehundy

Wow playfab is so much better than google play service. It not only fulfills the requirements to program my game the way I plan it. It also lets me manage the game data of the players much better. And it also connects Android players with IOS players and other devices. Why do people still use Google Play service :p

So frustrating that for the last 2 weeks I've been trying to integrate Google play service into my game only to switch to another service in the end. But I think it will be the better decision. Thanks for your tip!

Munchy2007 likes this.