Search Unity

GameSparks Support Thread:

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Oisin-GameSparks, Feb 9, 2015.

1. rfonseca

rfonseca

Would your realtime SDK work well with a somewhat fast paced game, with about 10 to 16 players per map/level, with flying vehicles with arcade movement (not full simulation)?

2. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Hi all,

is there anyone using GameSparks that can advise which setting I should choose for the region, when my game is going to get played in multiple regions.

I've asked for advice on the official GameSparks forum but had no response as of yet.

This is the post I made...

I'm at the point where I'm ready to release my first game using the GameSparks service and the only thing I’m currently unsure about is which selection I should make for the region.

This game is likely to be downloaded in multiple regions, so if I choose ‘I don’t know’ for the primary region, does this mean it will automatically choose the server with the best ping each time the game is run?

If that’s not the case, can you offer some advice on how to handle a game that will be played in multiple regions. I had a quick Google and it seems that different snapshots may be involved, but it wasn’t obvious to me how I could make this work so that when the game is downloaded in a particular region it uses the correct settings, or does that happen automatically if there are multiple snapshots with different region settings?

If anyone can help out I'd be really grateful

Many thanks

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

You will get a better response emailing their support at gamesparks dot com email directly.

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Thanks Meltdown, but I finally got a reply a couple of hours ago, in future though I'll probably do as you suggest.

It appears there is no built in way to automatically set the region, however I can create multiple game configurations in GameSparks, and multiple matching settings assets in my game which I can then load selectively when the game runs.

Now all I need to do is work out the best way of selecting the settings asset (and therefore the region server) when the game first runs.

One way would be to present the user with a region select dialog, which I might end up doing. But I'm also looking to see if the game can retrieve it's geo location and make the selection based on the result of that.

5. Meltdown

Meltdown

I think you were right.

I see they have different runtime clusters hosted on Google Cloud, AWS and Azure

Here is an overview of the architecture in their new portal (which is fantastic BTW)
    https://www.gamesparks.com/blog/re-architecting-the-gamesparks-portal/

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. Oisin-GameSparks

Oisin-GameSparks

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your continued interest!

In the interest of offering you a speedier reply to any questions you might have, it might be better for you to direct them to our forums here.

That way we can ensure that the team is monitoring any issues you may have and that they can be addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Oisín