Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Game with choices.

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Marruk, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Marruk

Marruk

Don't know if im on the right forum subject but F*** it.
    So I have this idea to make something like telltale games did but much smaller of course. But I have no idea how to do this and I can't find anything like this on yt.

So does anyone know how to do this and is this possible?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Yes of course it is possible. Don't know what telltale games are but if you can do it, you can do it in Unity.

In order to do it however, you need to learn the basics. I suggest you start here: Learn

Ryiah likes this.
  3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Telltale made dialogue-heavy adventure games, typically involving ethical and relationship choices. @luchermans2014 - If you want to discuss the design of these types of games, I recommend posting in the Game Design section. If want to learn the technical skills, see the link Kurt-Dekker posted above. If you want to get a head start, consider an Asset Store framework such as Adventure Creator.

Ryiah, hippocoder and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Tis moved.

Teila, Ryiah, TonyLi and 1 other person like this.
  5. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

You may want to check out fungus in the asset store also.

Kurt-Dekker and Ryiah like this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Traditionally these are known as "adventure games". Searching YouTube for "Unity adventure game tutorials" provides some results but they're nothing special.

You will want to start by learning the basics of Unity. For the most part this is done by going through the "Projects" tutorials at the link below. The "Topics" section is effectively a reference guide that you will want to go to when a concept is being used you don't recognize.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

Once you've learned how to work with Unity, you may want to look into Fungus. It's a free open source asset designed to assist with creating adventure games.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/fungus-34184

7. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

How much smaller, friend? Graphics? Of course it's possible.