Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Frame capturing different passes but sometimes they won't match together

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by DJ_Kim, Jun 12, 2018.

1. DJ_Kim

DJ_Kim

<Frame capturing different passes but sometimes they won't match together.>

So, I am aware of the fact that Unity isn't really made for capturing stuffs, but screw me, I'm trying to.

I have several passes, like glow, SSS, diffuse, etc...

The problem is sometime they match so well like broken bones, but sometimes they won't!

Since the capturing time is wasting almost half of my day, I really really need to make sure that they match when I render them out.

Is there any option, setting that I can tell it to render in same exact frames?

I personally did some research and found out about setting in "Playable Director" ,that under Update Method, change it from Game time to Unscaled game time? (not sure it's working though)

If anyone has any idea please help me.

Thank you.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

You can set the time yourself using script.
    e.g.

void FixedUpdate() {
    playableDirector.time += Time.fixedDeltaTime;
    playableDirector.Evaluate();

}

The limitation is that you won't have audio, but it sounds like an acceptable compromise in your case. Or you can try the recorder on the asset store.

3. DJ_Kim

DJ_Kim

<Time.fixedDeltaTime>
    so this code will make all the passes match together?
    I mean even if I render different passes from another computer right?