Search Unity

Fizzy Steamworks Issues!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Boomboyag, May 25, 2021.

1. Boomboyag

Boomboyag

Hi! After looking around online, I found Dapper Dino’s tutorial on integrating Steamworks into a Mirror project. Everything was going well until I imported the assets. I (Thankfully) only had one error, but it feels like a tricky one. The unity editor says :

“FizzySteamworks.ServerDisconnect(int): return type must be ‘bool’ to match overridden member ‘Transport.ServerDisconnect(int)”

What should I do here? I am using the latest version, 4.3. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

NixyNick likes this.
  2. NixyNick

NixyNick

I have the same problem...

3. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

It sounds like you just need to change the override signature to match the base function signature.

4. Boomboyag

Boomboyag

Can you explain that in a little more detail? I’m pretty new to networking (and c# for that matter) and don’t completely understand what you mean.

5. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Double click the error in the console which should take you to the FizzySteamworks.ServerDisconnect function in your code editor, then change its return type to bool.

This should fix the particular error mentioned in the OP. If you still don't understand what this means then you should look at some tutorials on polymorphism, this one for example https://www.w3schools.com/cs/cs_polymorphism.asp