Search Unity

[Fixed] Why two same projects cannot connect with each other sometimes?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by asperatology, Oct 13, 2015.

1. asperatology

asperatology

I am always getting CRCMismatch on my development setup at home, but I never get any CRCMismatch in my lab computers at school. It's the same project. All of the setups are exactly the same, minus the repo hosted on the local computer in the lab, versus the repo hosted on Github.

I also tried turning off Script CRC Check in the Network Manager, but that fails.

I am working on a project, which I need to use two Unity editors to debug networking code in. May I ask what's going on?

(Plus, I would recommend CRCMismatch be renamed to something else. What is a CRC, I do not know. It's too technical for me at the moment.)

2. chrismarch

chrismarch

how are you using 2 Unity editors with the same project? did you duplicate the project into two different folders on your hard drive?

Try connecting a standalone built with one editor and one project folder with the editor that has that project open and see if you have the issue with that setup.

3. asperatology

asperatology

Yes, I made an online repo on Github, and cloned the repo twice in different folder locations on my hard drive.

I still have CRCMismatch. Right now, it's on both machines (home development PC and lab computers). Could it be a script problem?

4. asperatology

asperatology

Solved, sort of...

Just so happened, a student sitting next to me who is doing Unity helped me solved it. It's basically how Git manages your branches.

I had one them be set to use Master branch, and the other set to use a "Testing" branch (a branch other than the Master). Checking the Testing branch out on one of them that was in the Master branch helped fixed this issue.

So, it's really just me not checking to see if both repos are checked out to be the same branch. I went deeper to see why, and found out I had one of the repos set to have the Testing branch as the default branch.

CRCMismatch could have a question added, saying "Are the projects the same?" Thanks for your help.