Search Unity

Question [Fishnet VR] Controllers and Movement stop when other player loggs off.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by billybob1978, Mar 19, 2024.

1. billybob1978

billybob1978

I'm having a strange issue. My scene works fine when everyone is logged on. When the other guy logs off, my controllers don't move anymore and i cant move my character. My head and camera still can move around though strangely. If you log the other guy back in, all the stuff starts to work again.

I have a network object and transform on the base right. A network transfrom on the Camera. I have network transforms on the right and left controller.

I do have a disable script that turns off all the other guys stuff, when joining a game so we don't control eachothers things. Works great!

Everything works fine until someone logs off. Then starts to work again when they log back in. Through my debugging it seems everything is still enabled, so I see no reason why my hands and movement aren't working.

I'm using latest version of Unity and Fishnet. I'm using the basic XR Rig setup.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  2. Punfish

Punfish

Are you using a NetworkTransform on the camera? If so, that could be why. Let me know!

3. billybob1978

billybob1978

I have a Network Object and Transform on the base Rig. I do have a transform on the Camera, the left hand and right hand controller. My head (cube) and hands (spheres). Weren't tracking across the network until I did that. Is this the wrong way of going about things? What is the right way to do it? There is no main camera, the camera I'm talking about is the one on the rig.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  4. Punfish

Punfish

Is the camera object disabled on objects you do not own? I assume it's a child of other players?