Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug First Person Character Rotating On Its Own When Colliding With A Collider

Discussion in 'Linux' started by coaster2009, Feb 28, 2023.

1. coaster2009

coaster2009

The title is the best way that I can describe it. I've been able to replicate this in nearly every version of 2023.1. I get that it's beta software, but I can't use anything prior due to projects crashing on launch due to what I'm assuming is a graphics bug. The crashes were also present in 2023.1b2 and 3 but they have since resolved consistently in b4 and now b5. I'm not sure if this is specific to using Unity in Linux since I haven't tested it else where. The best I can tell, it is less affected when you build and run, but is consistent in the game preview. There are no scripts that I can find that are modifying this, but the player always rotate on the Y axis, direction is random. The speed of the rotation is also variable based on the impact with the collider causing me to have to exit the preview and restart it to get it to stop.

Replicate Steps:
    -Launch a new project
    -Create or import a first person character (doesn't matter FPS or just rigidbody)
    -Walk up to an object with a collider (noticing more with mesh colliders)
    -When you get close, rotation will start with contact, but get really bad after entering a door way
    -Rotation occurs at variable speeds on the Y axis with no input
    -Seems to slightly improve if not running prior to the test (Left Shift)

I can post a video of this if it would be more helpful, but I'm running out of troubleshooting ideas. Anybody have any ideas or run into this?