Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Wanted: Lightweight Render Pipeline

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by phil_lira, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immu

Immu

I had this problem too with some shaders from ToonyColors Pro when I started to use LWRP.
    Ended up discarding the asset. But the issue clearly is on LWRP side.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  2. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

Hello all,

I am on Unity 2019.1 and LWRP 5.13.0.
    I have also copied the LWRP files from the unity project found on their YouTube video "How to Make a Toon Outline Effect in Unity 2019 LWRP! (Tutorial)"

I have run into a problem where the Line Thickness of the Sobel Filter is thicker in the scene view than in the Game view.
    Does anyone know how I can get the line to show up as thick in the Game view as it does in the Scene view?

In the attached pic the effect can be seen best all around the large red ship, as well as the asteroids, and the edges of the large purple ships showing through the engine glow.

The line seems to fade out in the distance in the Game view, but not the Scene view

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

3. id0

id0

I want to ask about Toon Outline Effect too. Can I somehow make effect visible only on characters, not on everything on the screen?

4. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

LWRP and custom shaders using alpha testing issue

no matter if i write a shader manually or use shader graph: when it uses alp testing neither the editor selection outline shader gives me a proper alpha tested preview nor the progressive light mapper will take alpha testing into account.
    i wonder what it needs to make this work...

Ruberta likes this.
  5. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

I believe this is what you are looking for

Starting about 11:45 he talks about rendering the outline just around the characters and not everything in the scene.

id0 and ROBYER1 like this.
  6. Kronnect

Kronnect

interpol_kun likes this.
  7. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

FromTheFuture and fherbst like this.
  8. Loquinette

Loquinette

Hey guys, any news on the LWRP simple lighting in Shader Graph ? It would be awesome having this.

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

I tried put a custom pipeline renderer in lwrp and now project bugged and show errors and black screen no matter what i do, restore forward renderer etc not work

Any ideas ? Use 2019.1 and latest lwrp from package manager

10. Ahmadhp

Ahmadhp

Hi guys,

Do we get to have "Material Validator" in LWRP in the near future? Or at least do we have any alternative for that? It seems the HDRP has it already!

Cheers

11. fscrazy

fscrazy

when I use

ScriptableRenderer.AddRenderPasses or ScriptableRenderer.EnqueuePass

I can add my custom renderpass to the render pipeline.

how can I remove my customrenderpass at runtime.

some renderfeature i just want use it once. I want dynamic control it active or disable.

Can I do it ? Or I just can't control it.

12. danbfx

danbfx

hi there, we heard camera stacking with lwrp will be out 2019.2. Is this still true? thx

13. Matt-Cranktrain

Matt-Cranktrain

Sadly, from the blog post posted today about 2019.2, it doesn't look like camera stacking (or multiple directional lights) has been added. In fact, the only LWRP news is:

Obviously, I don't work at Unity so it would be nice to hear from Phil, or others, where the schedule is roughly at these days?

ibyte likes this.
  14. Ahmadhp

Ahmadhp

I assigned custom renderer to pipeline asset, you know for render pipeline customization.
    I have a layer where I changed the pipeline for and every other layer is going through forward renderer but the problem is now preview window in inspector is not showing anything!! and when I set the default layer mask to everything (which is not suppose to work like that, other wise how I suppose to customize the pipeline) preview window in inspector will work again.

Anybody else having this problem?
    I wonder if is this a bug or I am doing something wrong!

15. TieSKey

TieSKey

Any rough eta (this year, next?) to lifting the 4 lights per object limit and shadows for point lights?

markjanzen88 likes this.
  16. Ahmadhp

Ahmadhp

They already increased it to 8 in Universal Rendering Pipeline.

17. elbows

elbows

As of version 7.1.1, which is still in development. (and is for Unity 2019.3)

I still wonder if this thread is obsolete since LWRP/Universal isnt in preview any more and there is plenty of talk about LWRP (and the thread about the name change to Universal) in the general graphics subforum.

18. WookieWookie

WookieWookie

@phil_lira Listen, this just eliminated my entire UI workflow. I have been using multiple cameras for UI since 2014, building complex UI like this, with mixed 2D/3D:

brandontyson.com/dragonvale-world

I just got hired at a studio hopeful to see me use these techniques in their products, but now I find out I can’t because they’re in Unity 2019???

This is enraging. You can’t just eliminate important workflows like this.

Please, prioritize camera stacking and get it shipped yesterday. Either that or fix up Screen Space Overlay to work with 3D content. As a UI Artist, I cannot control my company’s choice to use either 2019 or the new rendering pipeline. And no one will understand when I can’t deliver work like I have been.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  19. liiir1985

liiir1985

You can navigate to my post at 14th page of this thread for temporary workaround of enabling camera stacking and screen space-camera, it's as simple as commenting out 3 lines of code. And they said Camera Stack is indeed at a high priority and will be shiped soon, no ETA though

WookieWookie likes this.
  20. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

LeFlown likes this.
  21. jawad_ahmad

jawad_ahmad

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to make a feature request (I couldn't find any other dedicated threads related to LWRP feature requests) but I have one minor suggestion that I'm curious to hear what people's thought (especially from Unity) are on it.

As part of a project that I'm on, we're using a modified version of the LWRP Lit shader that adds extra properties to the shader. Along with that, we also have a modified version of the shader GUI that the Lit shader uses. Since the base of our shader is still using the Lit shader, we wanted to take Lit Shader's GUI and extend it. However, the class defined in LitShader.cs is an internal one. So as a result we had to duplicate the LitShader.cs file and add it manually to our project. We then created a new class that derives from the duplicated version. So the feature request is would it possible to make the LitShader class be public? The reason being that I'd like to make sure that we use the stock version of LitShader in case there any changes made to it in the future. By having the duplicated version we run the risk of missing out changes and having to make sure we keeping up with the changes manually.

I'm also curious to know if there are other users interested in the idea of being able to extend the LitShader GUI in this way too.

One final other request I have is: I'm curious to know what the thoughts are on making the SavedBool class a generic Unity Editor util? It's not LWRP specific and I can foresee use cases elsewhere in Editor tools.

MFG-jkhoo likes this.
  22. ibyte

ibyte

Does this work with 2019.2 and LWRP 6.9.1?

23. liiir1985

liiir1985

Yes it works, actually we're currently using 2019.2.0f1

24. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

I have a problem with this LWRP. The toon outline is showing up on all cameras in the scene, how can I stop this? I have 3 cameras in the scene, but I only want 1 camera to show the toon outline. Please see the attached camera preview, the camera in question is set up to only see specific things in the scene (markers on each ship to show as a dots on a radar) however this camera also shows the toon outline around the ship. Can I stop this? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      299.3 KB
      Views:
  25. ibyte

ibyte

In my copy of ScriptableRenderer.cs I cannot find the line cameraClearFlags = CameraClearFlags.SolidColor;

26. liiir1985

liiir1985

if you are using lwrp 6.9.1, then it's at line 268

ibyte likes this.
  27. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Hi!

Has anybody experience of using the Universal RP 7.0.0 on iOS? I am trying to build the latest Boat Attack 2019.3 version on Unity 2019.3.0a11 and getting the following Xcode errors (see attached)? Has the package been tested on iOS build? Seems as there are shaders are missing in the Xcode compilation log.

I am also experiencing one way migration problems in other projects once downloading LWRP 7.0.0 and Universal RP 7.0.0. The packages are changing naming references in the project to Universal.xxxx and it's not possible to go back to LWRP 6.9.1 etc. So need to manually restore projects from backups.

I see that Universal RP is now supporting Post Processing Motion Blur in the Boat Attack scene, has this now beedd added and supported for iOS?

Thanks! Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 19.50.48.png

28. Revolter

Revolter

Using LWRP 7.0.0 with Unity 2019.3.0a11 - I build the Xcode project from windows and then build to iPhone on a Virtual Machine Mac: it builds successfully.

29. Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Bartek_Gudowski_Friend_Factory

Many thanks!

I will try this.

I had the similar problem with Boat Attack project last year when I had to build it on Windows with iOS build settings. But then I opened the iOS project in Xcode on a Mac and it worked to build.

Do you know the root cause?

30. bxediger

bxediger

I've editted the .cs file, set it back to read-only after overwriting it, but I still don't have the option for clear flags. Am I doing something wrong here?

31. liiir1985

liiir1985

You'll only have background type in lwrp, set it to don't care and disable Opaque and Depth Texture will do the job

32. lostminds

lostminds

33. elbows

elbows

7.x versions of pipelines are for Unity 2019.3.

You will only get that fix for a Unity 2019.2 version if they backport that fix to the 6.x version of LWRP.

34. lostminds

lostminds

Ok, thank you for the reply. Is there a roadmap page or something like that where I could see this information about compatibility, plans and timeline for the render pipeline and shader graph?

Matt-Cranktrain likes this.
  35. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

There's no need to make package files read-only. If you are modifying any package files, just copy the package from Library/PackageCache/ to Packages/, set the folder permissions to R/W and commit it to your repo. If you want to make upgrades to new versions a bit less annoying, remove the version from the folder name, otherwise you have to do annoying Detect Renames trickery when updating.

bxediger likes this.
  36. bxediger

bxediger

Both you and @liiir1985 are LIFE SAVERS

AlkisFortuneFish and mkracik like this.
  37. onnep

onnep

Does anyone else get this error when making iOS builds with LWRP and Unity 2019.1.x?

Code (CSharp):
    1. An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build:
    2. Asset: 'Library/unity default resources'
    3. Asset name: Hidden/InternalErrorShader
    4. (You are probably referencing internal Unity data in your build.)
    It seems the error comes because the LWRP Shaders are having the: FallBack "Hidden/InternalErrorShader". So should that error shader work or not?

I did see this, but for me removing the the Lit & Simple Lit from the always included did not help:
    https://gist.github.com/phi-lira/225cd7c5e8545be602dca4eb5ed111ba#gistcomment-2983901

38. studentutu

studentutu

39. mkracik

mkracik

I tried this trick in 2019.2.0f1, it worked but it also disabled post-processing effects (as soon as there are two enabled cameras in the scene, even if one of them does not render anything, post-processing does not work). When I use the custom post-processing step with render to texture from https://forum.unity.com/threads/glitching-with-multiple-cameras-lwrp.592477/page-2#post-4838468, multiple cameras work with post-processing effects.

40. liiir1985

liiir1985

Hmmm, Post processing works for me without any problem, don't know why it's disable on your side

41. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hey there, is there an ETA on when we will get rendering layer filtering options for RenderObjects and in the forward render too? (DefaultRendererLayers field).

I tried to clone RenderObjects script and try it myself and it works fine but it seems a little silly for us to maintain our own copy of it just to add the functionality to filter objects by RendererLayer. Also, it isn't as "straightforward" to add it to the renderer asset itself.

42. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey folks.

Upon introduction of the new LWRP/URP subforums under 'Graphics'. I'll be locking this thread to prevent feedback being posted in multiple places.

The feedback will still be kept here for reference only that staff will still review but I would urge you to create threads in the new forum, located here.

MetaDOS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.