Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FEATURE REQUEST : Apply Playmode Tweaks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAngrycrow, Jul 10, 2013.

1. TheAngrycrow

TheAngrycrow

Have you ever been assigning rectangles for your GUI in the editor while the game is running? Then perhaps you've had to write down the changes that you've made and then re-type all of the values into the script inspector. Please stop me if this already exists somewhere. I motion for an Apply Tweak function for GameObjects and Prefabs. You can save changes to the game while it's running. It'd probably be a good idea to dialogue some kind of 'are you sure?' or better still to have undo functionality ( as well ). I think that applying changes while running the game will make prototyping EVEN FASTER on this platform.

That's my thought.

Any takers?

2. drewradley

drewradley

There are some assets in the asset store that allow you to save at runtime. Also, if you are changing anything in a component in the inspector, you can click on the little gear and copy the component while the game is running then paste in the values when it's stopped.

3. User340

User340

+1, It's almost as good. Works just fine if you are only changing one component at a time (as you can't copy multiple components at once). But that's what happens like 99% of the time anyways.

4. TheAngrycrow

TheAngrycrow

I did not know about that! I'll give it a shot.