Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FBX file not showing up in game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by matt1610, Feb 13, 2014.

1. matt1610

matt1610

Hi, I'm very much a beginner using Unity, I'm using Maya to create the models for Unity.

I am using this Starter Kit I purchased from the asset store :

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11179

I am trying to replace one of the FBX files with my own model, these are the steps I have taken, I opened one of the working FBX files from the starter kit in Maya, removed the simple mesh that was in there and created my own. When I save the file and look at it in Unity, I can see the new model in the preview window perfectly. But when I play the game the model is gone.

Excuse me if I haven't given enough information but that is all I can think of.

Please help I'm completely stuck!

2. scarpelius

scarpelius

Take a look at scale factor in inspector for the imported model. I bet is 0.01. Make it 1 or bigger if needed.

3. matt1610

matt1610

Scarpelius you were correct it was set to 0.01, but unfortunately setting it to 1 hasn't helped either, if I check any of the other ones that are working correctly they are also set to 0.01 for some strange reason. I've attached two screenshots.

The first is the new model that doesn't work and the second is one of the old ones which works fine.

Attached Files: