Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy House Model Pack, Now on the Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Apr 26, 2011.

1. BHS

BHS

Hey guys,

I've just released my Fantasy House Model Pack and it's available on the Asset Store. It comes with 3 fantasy house each with a different colored roof. Two fantasy colors red and blue, and a regular color brown. They do share textures but that's why you get such low draw and excellent fps! This is ideal for any rpg, fantasy, or medieval game.

The price for this model pack is only $15!

Buy on the Asset Stooe here:
    Fantasy House Model Pack

Brighter Screenshot:
    $Housepic4 - Copy.jpg

Screenshots:
    $Housepic4.jpg
    $housepic3.jpg
    $Housepic2.jpg
    $housepic.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Looking good!

3. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

looks good. Maybe a little bland but then again it's got to be pretty generic to integrate in more scenes. Overall solid work, I'd say.

You need to work on your lighting though. Most of your screens look very dark yet have a very bright sky.
    You're making the effort to create the models - go and present them appealing as well. :)

4. BHS

BHS

Well it's hard for me to tell if it's dark or not it looks great on my computer..and I'm the number one featured content on the Asset Store right now so I'm presenting well. But I'll update some brighter screenshots for you guys. And thanks

5. MrDude

MrDude

Most of your work I usually don't even bother looking at because I know I can never make out anything on your screenshots. I clicked on this one, not realising it was yours. These though are not as dark as your others so you are getting better at the whole screenshot thing but seriously, your other products show up as black boxes on the 3 different computers I have access to on 2 OS and 3 browsers.

The third day I spent squinting at my screen at 2 inches from my eyeballs I stopped trying... Been meaning to point that out to you but others already did so I just left it be...

6. ivanzu

ivanzu

Maybe you should try increasing your Screen refresh rate(Hertz).

7. MrDude

MrDude

All other screenshots from all other people look just fine. This dark images problem is on 3 different computers belonging to 3 different people. Are you suggesting that the refresh rate works perfectly for all other images on this forum but that all three computers have all been infected by some form of AI that conspired together to affect the refresh rate only when viewing his images...?

Okay, I'll buy that :p

I've been following this bloke ever since he created that RPG kit. I was eagerly awaiting launch but when he finally launched it he was selling only burnt timber in houses painted black and all the stuff in the house was covered in sut. If not for the fires here and there I would not have known that I wasn't looking at the same image posted 5 times. For all I know, this guy could be the greatest modeller out there in 3D world... but the fact is, I'll never know unless I buy and take the chance of going: "Ahhh....no. No he's not" :p

As it is, I can't have an opinion on his work because I simply cannot see it. I am hoping my post would aid him with future screenshots so I don't budget on giving him my money and on release day go: "Errrmmm, never mind" and go to McDonalds or something instead. :p

8. BHS

BHS

Alright thanks for the suggestions I'll try to start making my screenshots lighter. But seriously it looks just fine on my computer maybe I need to adjust mine. Is the lighter screenshot for the fantasy houses better or does it need to be lighter? Let me know so I can make sure I start making all my screenshots that bright. I don't want my dark screenshots to affect people buying my products.you know?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  9. Socrates

Socrates

Ik Animation, the latest screenshot you added is much easier to see. While I did not have quite the "black squares" issue, I did have to up the gamma on my graphics card to clearly see what you were selling. The images seemed to be lit more like late dusk, the new one more like afternoon.

As a side note, it's not just you. On other forums I've seen other people whose images are just too dark. It seems to happen with high resolution images more than low resolution ones. I don't know what causes it, but I see it often enough that I just automatically grab the gamma slider after I open the image in its own tab in the browser.

I quite like the look of your houses. I'll be watching for your products now.

10. BHS

BHS

@Socrates Alright thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just make sure to include a couple brightened up screenshots when I post pics from now on. And cool thanks.

11. BHS

BHS

Friendly bump :)