Search Unity

Failed to connect to server from Unity.Netcode.Transports.UTP.UnityTransport:

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by soemyatmyat, Dec 16, 2022.

1. soemyatmyat

soemyatmyat

Hello!

I'm pretty new to Unity. I'm developing a PvP game, using Netcode for GameObjects and Relay Service for connection.

Following the documentation https://docs.unity.com/relay/relay-and-ngo.html, I am able to get the Allocation from Relay Service and have my Host started.
    Code (CSharp):
    3. await UnityServices.InitializeAsync(); //Initialize the Unity Service Engine
    4.             if (!AuthenticationService.Instance.IsSignedIn){ //If not already logged, log the user in
    5.                 await AuthenticationService.Instance.SignInAnonymouslyAsync();
    6.             }
    8. Allocation allocation = await Unity.Services.Relay.RelayService.Instance.CreateAllocationAsync(2);
    10. string joinCode = await Unity.Services.Relay.RelayService.Instance.GetJoinCodeAsync(allocation.AllocationId); // display it to the user later
    12. // Retrieve the Unity transport used by the NetworkManager
    13.         UnityTransport transport = NetworkManager.Singleton.gameObject.GetComponent<UnityTransport>();
    15. RelayServerEndpoint relayServer = null;
    16.         foreach (RelayServerEndpoint endPoint in allocation.ServerEndpoints) {
    17.             if (endPoint.ConnectionType == "dtls") {
    18.                 relayServer = endPoint;
    19.             }
    20.         }
    22. transport.SetRelayServerData(relayServer.Host, (ushort) relayServer.Port, allocation.AllocationIdBytes, allocation.Key, allocation.ConnectionData);
    24. NetworkManager.Singleton.StartHost();
    From the client side, I attempt to connect to the host using join code. I am able to retrieve the JoinAllocation and have my Client started with below code.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. await UnityServices.InitializeAsync();
    2. if (!AuthenticationService.Instance.IsSignedIn){
    3.                 //If not already logged, log the user in
    4.                 await AuthenticationService.Instance.SignInAnonymouslyAsync();
    5.             }
    6. JoinAllocation allocation = await Unity.Services.Relay.RelayService.Instance.JoinAllocationAsync(joinCode);
    8. UnityTransport transport = NetworkManager.Singleton.gameObject.GetComponent<UnityTransport>();
    10. RelayServerEndpoint relayServer = null;
    11.         foreach (RelayServerEndpoint endPoint in allocation.ServerEndpoints) {
    12.             if (endPoint.ConnectionType == "dtls") {
    13.                 relayServer = endPoint;
    14.             }
    15.         }
    17. transport.SetRelayServerData(relayServer.Host, (ushort) relayServer.Port, allocation.AllocationIdBytes, allocation.Key, allocation.ConnectionData, allocation.HostConnectionData);
    19. NetworkManager.Singleton.StartClient();

But, the host is not getting the client connected. After a while, the client throws an error messag...

Failed to connect to server.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    Unity.Netcode.Transports.UTP.UnityTransport: ProcessEvent () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects@1.2.0/Runtime/Transports/UTP/UnityTransport.cs:828)
    Unity.Netcode.Transports.UTP.UnityTransport: Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects@1.2.0/Runtime/Transports/UTP/UnityTransport.cs:877)

Does anybody have any idea what went wrong please? I am running the host from application and client from Unity Editor on the same network.

2. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

Your calls to
    SetRelayServerData
    should set the optional
    isSecure
    parameter to true to match the endpoint you are using (DTLS). I'd recommend using the new API that builds a
    RelayServerData
    directly from the allocation to avoid these kinds of gotchas. The documentation was updated recently to cover this.

3. soemyatmyat

soemyatmyat

Thanks Simon!

4. mahdicarman

mahdicarman

Hello, when I use "dlss" I get the error "join code not found" and when I use "udp" I get "failed to connect to server". Can anyone help me?