Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook SDK for unity - building for webgl fails- il2cpp.exe error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Pixelatex, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Pixelatex

Pixelatex

I've followed the steps and am using the latest version of unity on Osx Sierra.

When I try to build it will get stuck on the error 'il2cpp.exe did not run properly' when exporting to WebGL.

It's a new empty project with only the FB SDK added.

I've been searching for a long time now and can't seem to find any answer for this...

I also tried using the beta with facebook Gameroom instead but there the facebook module never showed up in the export (it was included in install)

Any help is appreciated at this point.

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you provide more details about the version of Unity you are using and the error message? There was a bug with WebGL and the Facebook SDK in Unity 5.5. The issue can be corrected by disabling the iOS native plugin for the WebGL platform in the plugin inspector (it was being incorrectly included in the build for WebGL).

3. DFortun81

DFortun81

The problem seems to be with how Unity imported the FacebookSDK. I encountered this issue as well, but then I looked at the error log and realized that it was trying to compile the Bolt.framework in the WebGL build. As this is an iOS only library, I fixed this by clicking on FacebookSDK/Plugins/iOS/Bolts.framework, FBSDKCoreKit.framework, FBSDKLoginKit.framework, and FBSDKShareKit.framework in the Inspector and changing the platforms that the frameworks were imported on to iOS only.

This seemed to fix the problem for me. :)

4. karmik

karmik

I Had lot of trouble publishing webgl build to facebook.

So i created a videos tut explaining thr ptocess.

Hope this helps