Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely long building time with HDRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by SunnyChow, Aug 21, 2018.

1. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

My team has made a test project with HDRP. It's basically just a room with a product in the middle. But the build time is extremely long. It just stucked in "Compiling shader variants" forever until I force quit Unity. Do anyone get this problem?

2. elbows

elbows

How long did they wait? It is entirely expected that compiling shader variants takes a long time.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

What unity version? What hdrp version? it matters.

4. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Also, did you have shader variant stripping on?

HD Render Pipeline Asset
    upload_2018-8-21_11-12-52.png

5. elbows

elbows

Thats a good point, I forgot about that, which should make things faster than I was indicating in my previous post.

6. id0

id0

I already post about this, and nothing change since than. I turn on shader preloader varians, strirring... all those S***, and still I have 12 hours and more for project build. It's just stuck for some reason on some shaders and compile it veeeeeeery long time.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That's just not normal... do you have a bug report?

8. GXMark

GXMark

I have to agree the HDRP is long long long waiting on the build. Those are the kinda things never discussed at Unity presentations !

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

It sure can take long time, but is only once per platform. I never had case to get stuck, but is anoying if change project or platform.

I had this long wait while developing my new Oceanis HDRP water system for the HDRP version of Sky Master ULTIMATE and the InfiniCLOUD HDRP module as well.

Since i keep so many different projects and have to test on so many Unity versions, the waiting time was a real pain.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020