Search Unity

Extremely High Latency on local connection.

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by hoesterey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. hoesterey

hoesterey

Hi,
    Was re-evaluating Unity Networking to see how far its come in the last year or so. Loaded up two copies of the bossroom demo on a single computer with mklink to test it out.

I'm seeing 200+ MS latency. Seams odd to have such high latency on a local connection. Thoughts?

hernans1987 likes this.
  2. SloMoGunFight

SloMoGunFight

I'm seeing the same thing, a simple project that is just syncing a single float value between server/client is getting 200ms locally - makes no sense.

3. hernans1987

hernans1987

I'm having the exact same problem, have you guys found out a solution?

4. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

This should definitely not happen. What NGO version are you on?

5. NoelStephens_Unity

NoelStephens_Unity

Unity Technologies

I am not seeing this on my end.
    Could anyone experiencing this issue compare the attached project to their tests to see what the differences are?
    The test I put together has the clients registering for NetworkVariable updates and sending the delta time between NetworkVariable updates to the server via ServerRpc. The results I get are within the expected ranges when running multiple instances on the private/local network of a single machine:
    upload_2023-5-22_12-44-58.png
    If you are running on your local network, then you will see the average RTT between the instances to the right of the server-side display of delta time updates for each client (which should help determine if part of the latency is due to the local network or not).

Would be curious to know if there is a difference in the testing approach used or if the latency is happening on the local network itself.

Attached Files: