Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors with memory profiler

Discussion in 'Profiler Previews' started by dan_soqqle, Dec 2, 2022.

1. dan_soqqle

dan_soqqle

I am trying to test some issues with shader memory for addressables loading and very frequently i hit this error in xcode:

Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x8) errors

It would often work fine and then out of no where this errors come up and the tool is unable to used forever.

The last time is when i updated my unity version to 2021.3.15f1. I tried to clean the addressables, delete the ios folder . . . but still stuck. Its particularly there for 2022.1

Any ideas?

2. dan_soqqle

dan_soqqle

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  3. stamatian

stamatian

Hello!
    I'm getting the the same error and the app on Android works fine! I'm new to xCode do you have some tips on how to debug it.

The app starts and the crashes. I added a screenshot when I tried on the simulator.

I'm literally getting crazy, it's even an empty scene with one cube I guess is related to the libraries right?

Attached Files:

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  4. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

dan_soqqle and stamatian like this.