Search Unity

Feedback Error refreshing packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by transat, May 11, 2020.

1. transat

transat

So I get this warning quite often...

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 7.17.10 pm.png

Traditionally if such a button features a divider between the dropdown arrow and the rest of the button, it signifies that left hand side is a one-click action and the right hand-side provides other options. It's not a major thing but I'm curious as to why the PM's UX team chose not to use this widely accepted standard. @pedro_unity ?

dan_ginovker and Kashifch like this.
  2. transat

transat

I get 3 types of errors:

[PackageManagerUI] Error while getting product update details: Failed to parse response: Code 400 "The requested URL returned error: 400 Bad Request"
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:248)

[PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 400 "The requested URL returned error: 400 Bad Request"
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:248)

[PackageManagerUI] Error while getting product update details: Failed to parse response: Code 504 "The requested URL returned error: 504 Gateway Time-out"

My guess is that this is yet another error related to the fact you guys don't do any UAT involving users with lots of assets.

3. transat

transat

The green grinning faces are not meant to be there, of course. It should be ": D" without the space in the middle. I see this a fair bit on this forum but I suppose Unity believes it is essential to have this auto-text-to-emoji functionality in case users don't notice the emoji icon in the toolbar?

4. pdinklag

pdinklag

I'd like to bump this. Apparently, the Asset Store is having connection issues of some sort right now.
    As a result, I get those timeouts and worst of all, I can't access "My Assets" - not even those I already have downloaded and cached locally. This seriously shouldn't happen.

5. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hello @transat and @pdinklag,

I apologize for the delay in answering. Both of you, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I would agree with this statement. Not sure what the current thinking is, but I'll raise the question with the team.

As for the errors, I believe we may have had some backend issues with our registry recently. Nonetheless, I will follow-up.

I thought that if you chose "inline code" option the emoticon conversion wouldn't be done. Either way, not sure on the degree of control we have at that level, but I can ask.

@pdinklag, this is not normal. Let me follow-up with the team.

Thank you for your patience,
    P.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    ryo310 and transat like this.
  6. bettywhite

bettywhite

Hey, for anyone with this problem: I had to disable Windows Defender as well as my other antivirus software to get it to load. Bit of a pain in the ass to do every time I want to access My Assets, but better than pulling out your hair.

YoyoGS, utuera700, Z270 and 1 other person like this.
  7. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

same problem here, i cant import stuff i buy from the asset store, im stuck now.

Disabling firewall doesnt work for me, i cant access any of my assets.

Here is the error message when i try to access assets in the package manager

[PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 400 "The requested URL returned error: 400 Bad Request"
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  8. Aoedipus

Aoedipus

same. [PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error"

China_Mike likes this.
  9. ooviixoo

ooviixoo

Same issue atm... guess the store is having issues? Sort of annoying since all I am trying to do is re-import an already downloaded asset... little silly that I can't interact with content I have purchased and downloaded without having to make contact with the store first...

10. mono2568

mono2568

I'm also having the same issue,
    [PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error"

Anonymous2909 likes this.
  11. lifeon

lifeon

Same code 500 issue as above in 2020.1.2f1. Multiple restarts, re-logging to account, updating unity hub and refreshing it's connection too don't help. Additionally, the 'open in unity' button in the browser's asset, despite being given permission to open in unity hub, doesn't open anything.

I really wish we could download assets from the browser for incase of problems like this, or needing to access our purchases from another device.

12. archangel007

archangel007

I just had the same issue today. [PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error"

As I recall, my windows system just updated yesterday, is it possible something to do with the system updates? Thank you.

upload_2020-10-9_16-30-46.png

13. archangel007

archangel007

I just had the same issue today. [PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error"

my windows system just updated yesterday, is it possible something to do with the system updates? Thank you.

14. JAVArooster

JAVArooster

Same issue here: [PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error" I hope this gets resolved soon. Unless it's on my end, but I don't know what it could be. Everything else is running fine... :(

15. rmorph

rmorph

[PackageManager] Error Failed to parse response: Code 500 "The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error"
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32)

So I'm happy its not just me :)

16. archangel007

archangel007

Interestingly, mine just worked again and I didn't do anything except powered off the PC for dinner. I guess it's their server's issue, as I can download assets less than 150MB now but anything above that would lead to an error, however, I've already downloaded some 200+MB assets in the previous week.

upload_2020-10-9_21-35-54.png

17. whatisitstudios_unity

whatisitstudios_unity

I had this same problem but I signed out of my unity account then signed back in and then it works again.

Lfmh2009, Warsam, rearlegmail and 7 others like this.
  18. blastradius10420

blastradius10420

Anyone having this issue Make sure the EXE of the editor is allowed on the windows firewall as well as....

C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server\Unity Package Manager.exe.

This worked for me on the latest version of Unity.

UnityMaru likes this.
  19. tree_arb

tree_arb

Im getting this error after cpu went to sleep, restart unity and its fixed.

intermittent

20. mydostech

mydostech

I solved this problem with giving special permision to Unity from Windows Defender :

sorry for language :)

Deleted User and XuKedddd like this.
  21. b3agz

b3agz

I've only been able to test this once so can't say for certain it wasn't a coincidence, but I was getting this problem along with authorization errors about tokens and not being logged in (despite being logged in). What just seemed to work for me was clicking Help > Manage License > Check for Updates.

If/when it happens again I'll update if this still works.

22. anirudh012009

anirudh012009

you can fix it like this open the package manager and then leave it for some time the it ask you for u to long in the it work

23. aswal

aswal

Just restart the Unity Editor and the problem is solved:)

24. brjoande

brjoande

Signing out and then back in again fixed it for me!

25. DAcKey

DAcKey

I had the same problem. It was occurred by UnityHub for some reason.

[reply APSchmidt https://forum.unity.com/threads/failed-to-reach-unity-license-server.782099/]
    You can try something though, go to "C:\ProgramData\Unity" and delete the "Unity_lic.ulf" file. Quit the Hub from the tray and restart it.

If you are on Linux of Mac, just search your computer for Unity_lic.ulf, they are all named the same or read this thread further ;) .

yasssin and henry_is_the_best like this.
  26. TobesterMaximus

TobesterMaximus

Restart worked

Kamil_Reich likes this.
  27. TheRealMajorGonzo

TheRealMajorGonzo

Rather than a full restart, I just quit UnityHub and restarted that, and it worked. I'm using Linux.

sbiondio, havokentity and Kamil_Reich like this.
  28. BaraShiro

BaraShiro

This did it for me, thx!

29. Woodsa23

Woodsa23

I know I'm late but I tried this and it wont let me sign in on unity hub, when I press sign in the page is just blank. What do i do to sign in?

30. puyehue

puyehue

Restart Unity did the job for me

31. TheRealMajorGonzo

TheRealMajorGonzo

Same issue. I couldn't get Package Manager to update. Error messages suggested I sign out and back in. I signed out, but now can't sign in. Tried restarting both Unity and Unity Hub, still doesn't work. Clicking on Sign in takes me to a blank page.

32. Innovine

Innovine

Broken for me too. Restart does not help.

bettywhite likes this.
  33. JWdell

JWdell

Just let people download the packages FFS from the webpage. All this jumping through hoops is getting quite annoying.

bettywhite and dan_ginovker like this.
  34. Innovine

Innovine

Every release this engine gets worse.

35. socialtrens

socialtrens

Unity 2020.1 showing the error message and loading endlessly:
    [PackageManagerUI] Error while getting product update details: Failed to parse response.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I think this error made package manager loading endlessly. I saw it on ver 2020.1. No error message on ver 2021.1.
    EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Meanwhile Unity 2021.1. Just loading endlessly, not showing any error message.

"Evolving, just backwards"

Please allow us to download assets via browser, but still maintaining the DRM. Please came up with new solutions. And don't release the buggy package manager.

36. Smagger

Smagger

Guys any help on this?
    [Package Manager Window] Unable to perform online search:
    Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

[Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to perform online search:
    Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again. [Unknown].

[Package Manager Window] Error searching for packages.

37. Innovine

Innovine

reboot PC`? That worked for me

38. MarkSharpe

MarkSharpe

[Package Manager Window] Unable to perform online search:
    Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () keeps coming up in version 2020.3.16f

39. StupidSnake

StupidSnake

I'm having the same issue. "Error refreshing packages." I am baffled as to why I can't just download the assets normally, now that I own them.

bettywhite likes this.
  40. DiegoSynth

DiegoSynth

"Error refreshing packages.", cannot add my assets. No solution for this?? How can I add mirror network asset otherwise?!

41. DiegoSynth

DiegoSynth

Alright, I managed to make it work: we are forced to install the new Unity Hub 3.0. Then it works. What can I say... it's free.

42. Innovine

Innovine

It was unable to download the latest unity when i ran it last... :/

43. bah2

bah2

Updating the hub worked for me, but you are right. These should be downloadable from the website.

44. DiegoSynth

DiegoSynth

You have to download the latest Unity Hub (3.0 at the moment). There seem to be no way around it. Then update Unity now that you are there.

45. ThmCuong

ThmCuong

I have this problem when I let my window to sleep. Restart unity solved it.

az238 likes this.
  46. irodrigoro

irodrigoro

This worked for me

47. talk2ankitadevi

talk2ankitadevi

i haVE THIS PROBLEM ALSO

48. alvaromagnum

alvaromagnum

Same problem here, even online, at the website, I can't see my assets and I can't buy or add an asset to the cart. All asset store is broken to me

Attached Files:

49. cbmoosic

cbmoosic

I'm having the same issue as well right now.

50. gusqls9734

gusqls9734

I also had this Error refreshing packages. Somebody told me to try logout and login into the unity hub. It works! try it. probably it happens cause of downloading issues.

az238, JDeyby and zohair-kharal like this.