Search Unity

Error building AR Foundation Samples (LWRP) for iOS using CloudBuild

Discussion in 'AR' started by K1kk0z90_Unity, Mar 24, 2019.

1. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Hello,
    I have successfully built and deployed to my iPad Pro (iOS 11) the AR Foundation Samples (LWRP example) using Unity 2018.3 to generate the Xcode project and then using Xcode 9.4.1 to actually build and deploy.

However, I can’t build the project using Unity CloudBuild, since it fails. In the build log I can see it says “Finished exporting player successfully”, but later in the log I see the following errors:
    What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Solved by setting up CloudBuild to use Xcode 10.1 instead of 9.4.1, despite I was able to build the project with that version on my Mac.

3. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Xcode version was going to be my guess; glad you solved it. I haven't tried this, but I image you might be able to build and deploy with Xcode 9.4 (though not all features would be available), but building an archive locally might reproduce the error you posted.

4. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

i'm having the same issue but i was already with Cloud Xcode 10.1
    locally it compiles perfectly (but i have Xcode 12)

5. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Xcode 12? Are you perhaps confusing Xcode and iOS versions?

6. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

ops i meant XCode 10.2

anyway i solved the could build problems upgrading the project to Unity 2019.1
    now it compiles perfectly with the same Unity Cloud settings (just Unity 2019.1 instead of 2018.3.14)

7. jddivine

jddivine

How did you get it to work with iOS? I'm having a lot of trouble. Really could use some help.

8. AmshuRak

AmshuRak

@jddivine Hope you were able to fix your issue. I ran into the same issue and spent hours fixing it. I was finally able to do so by following @tdmowrer advice of swticing the XCode versions. There is also another thread with the similar issue which he as also replied in. That helped me too, here is the link https://forum.unity.com/threads/err...escene-from-arfoundation-to-iphone-6s.545338/

My unity version was 2019.1.5f1 and I downgraded my ARKit plugin to version 2.1.0 and then switch my XCode version on cloud build to 10.2 and got it to build sucessfully

I guess you may need to play around with these settings by referring to this documentation: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples#warning-arkit-3-support

9. Flarup

Flarup

I'm also running into a few problems when trying to build ARFoundation samples for iOS using Unity Cloud Build. I have the project working on Android, but it fails when building for iOS. When XCode has to build the project I get the following error:

2883: ▸ Linking arfoundationtest
    2884: ▸ ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    2885: ▸ ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    2886: ▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

I have already tried to use XCode 10.2 instead of "latest", but unfortunately that doesn't help. Any other ideas for what I should try, in order to get Cloud Build working for the ARFoundation samples?

Note: I have switched to the Lightweight Render Pipeline, in case that makes a difference. But as mentioned earlier, it works on Android.

Thank you very much in advance for all help.

Kind regards,
    Uffe Flarup

10. Flarup

Flarup

I was able to get the iOS Cloud Build to finish succesfully by decreasing the version of the ARKit Face Tracking package and the ARKit XR Plugin package, but then the actual AR functionality didn't work. It was just a black screen in the "SampleLWRPScene" scene.

11. Flarup

Flarup

Enabling "Dynamic Batching" in the render pipeline settings fixed it.