Search Unity

Enjoy Online Squad Games -- Get me up to speed?

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by Student4Life, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Student4Life

Student4Life

Hi Everyone,
    I've spent a while trying to learn the Unreal Engine, but thought it would be fun to learn some Unity as well. I've heard the Unity community is great, and learning game dev is hard so here goes nothing!

I'm looking for suggestions about the fastest / easiest way to get networking going for a generalist, someone who will likely not be able to spend the time to learn engines inside out.

I see a number of presets on the asset store for networked projects, but would love some suggestions on keywords I should be searching or things to know.

I'm open to anything from small servers with a few people to as big as is feasible. Any suggestions much appreciated.

2. g_a_p

g_a_p

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you already know you're unable to put in enough time to learn Unity, I just want to caution that you're likely to get frustrated implementing networking in Unity. I'd suggest sticking to single player or local split screen or hot seat.

This is because successfully building a networked game in Unity requires moderate to advanced familiarity with Unity in general.

g_a_p likes this.